home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (337 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Another question about fit modeling and Mavrick (in Secret Agent Man) by marbar
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Secret Agent Man

Discussion Topic  RE: Another question about fit modeling and Mavrick (in Secret Agent Man) by marbar
Fit modeling doesn't require any traditional "modeling" experience. There's 2 real kinds of fit mod......

Discussion Topic  RE: "illegal" use of Breakdown Services (in The Working Actor) by marbar
Yes - I believe it is. I freelanced with a MGR who was also not a TMA member but had access ... they......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > The Working Actor

Discussion Topic  RE: "illegal" use of Breakdown Services (in The Working Actor) by marbar
Mgmt Companies according to Bdwn Services have to be a member of the Talent Managers Association, ob......

Discussion Topic  RE: Auditioning on the east coast? (in The Working Actor) by marbar
You could do a workshop or two here if you want to get a taste of the biz here, but you likely would......

Discussion Topic  RE: When is it time to quit? Is it time to quit? (in The Working Actor) by marbar
In a lot of the second and third tier markets (Chicago, Minneapolis, Washington DC, Dallas, etc.) yo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Should I look for an agent to sign with exclusively? (in Secret Agent Man) by marbar
Ok, well then I say keep doing what you're doing and in the meantime, focus on trying to get meeting......

Discussion Topic  RE: Should I look for an agent to sign with exclusively? (in Secret Agent Man) by marbar
Being hip-pocketed by someone at a big 4 is not a bad position to be in, but it sounds like you are ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Can an agent take 40 percent of a commercial session fee? (in Secret Agent Man) by marbar
In the non-union world that "+20% agency fee" is like a finder's fee - or bait for agents to submit ......

Discussion Topic  RE: outrageous corporate pay (in The Working Actor) by marbar
Yeah, what Stanislav said. A lot of companies (and students) make spec commercials with brands, lik......

Discussion Topic  RE: Best and quickest way into NYC (in The Working Actor) by marbar
Some of the smaller towns in Jersey have park 'n' ride lots that are for town/village residents only......

Discussion Topic  RE: Best and quickest way into NYC (in The Working Actor) by marbar
I would favor the NJ Transit trains over the buses - because the buses can get stuck in traffic at t......

Discussion Topic  RE: Bonehead Move...what to do? (in The Working Actor) by marbar
I like mom2music's email above - it acknowledges your absence without apologizing and helps clear th......

Discussion Topic  RE: SAG Regional Fee Question (in The Working Actor) by marbar
Good standing means that your initiation fee is paid and your dues are paid up to date. So, if a pro......

Discussion Topic  RE: Communities (in Secret Agent Man) by marbar
Astoria's nickname is "ACTORia" and is filled with the performing arts peeps. The trains are pretty ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Understanding agent fees - How much is my take-home? (in The Working Actor) by marbar
That's because for union jobs, you are not allowed to be paid less than scale. So they attach the +1......

Discussion Topic  RE: Principal in SAG project but not being paid SAG rate (in The Working Actor) by marbar
They are not on the website. They are in the kit of documents given to the producer when their proje......

Discussion Topic  RE: Principal in SAG project but not being paid SAG rate (in The Working Actor) by marbar
For new media - it doesn't really matter what you do in the project, because SAG-AFTRA doesn't follo......

Discussion Topic  RE: NBC Diversity Scene Showcase (in Secret Agent Man) by marbar
In acting only land, "women" is not a diversity characteristic on its own. If you look at the netwo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Incorporation Question (in The Working Actor) by marbar
I spoke to my accountant about it this year and she said incorporation makes sense if you are steadi......

» Refine Search
» New Search