Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (158 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Acting Techniques (in The Working Actor) by Yonie
There is no objectively best acting technique. Any answers you get will be based on the messenger's......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > The Working Actor

Discussion Topic  RE: How do I get co-star and guest star credits without an Agent? (in New Actors Only) by Yonie
It takes as long as it takes. There is no one answer to that question....
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > New Actors Only

Discussion Topic  RE: YouTube and Social Media (in The Working Actor) by Yonie
The difference is that Darren Criss has true skill. Most people don't. Filming a bunch of piano cove......

Discussion Topic  RE: YouTube and Social Media (in The Working Actor) by Yonie
YouTube personalities are performers for a niche audience. I have rarely, if ever, seen them reliabl......

Discussion Topic  RE: SAG Student Film Agreement (Waiver for non-union) (in The Working Actor) by Yonie
Someone knowledgeable will reply, but I would've asked SAG....

Discussion Topic  RE: Headshot Questions (in Headshots, Reels and Resumes) by Yonie
And Missandrea, I wonder if you mean a theatrical and commercial shot. To my knowledge, there is no......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Headshots, Reels and Resumes

Discussion Topic  RE: Acting Practice (in New Actors Only) by Yonie
Don't rehearse and perform the scripts, that'll make you look like Hobo Harry on the corner. Analyze......

Discussion Topic  RE: Acting Practice (in New Actors Only) by Yonie
Read plays. Watch plays. Break down scripts. Make friends. Love your friends. Dedicate time to som......

Discussion Topic  RE: Asking about callbacks (in Secret Agent Man) by Yonie
There are a tremendous amount of factors that can affect casting decisions. Looks, age, acting choi......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Secret Agent Man

Discussion Topic  RE: Scripts as problematic, understandable things (in Acting Methods and Approaches) by Yonie
Don't look for "emotions". That is an arbitrary, abstract indulgence that more often than not pushe......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Acting Methods and Approaches

Discussion Topic  RE: Gauging Call Backs (in Auditions) by Yonie
"You're hired". Jokes aside, you can't gauge anything from reactions in the room. If they openly p......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Auditions

Discussion Topic  RE: Seeking Rep: Multiple Agents under one Dept, whom to address? (in Secret Agent Man) by Yonie
Choose one....

Discussion Topic  Know Your Rights (in Secret Agent Man) by Yonie
I felt it pertinent to post this information here, as I occasionally see questions that could be ans......

Discussion Topic  RE: Non degree scholarship, a foreign student (in New Actors Only) by Yonie
Yes. Vraiment horrible....

Discussion Topic  RE: Non degree scholarship, a foreign student (in New Actors Only) by Yonie
Avoid the Lee Strasberg Institute, or whatever it's called. That's all I can personally give you fo......

Investigate the schools in question. They should have all the info....

Discussion Topic  RE: NEW COLUMN - Going to the Theater (in Secret Agent Man) by Yonie
It fascinates me that so many involved with production blindly invite their friends, and recommend p......

Discussion Topic  RE: Weight Gain Continuity Error (in The Working Actor) by Yonie
Ask yourself how often you've noticed continuity errors, out of all films you've seen. Realize that......

Discussion Topic  RE: Actors and pseudo-science (in The Working Actor) by Yonie
Get one celebrity to hook into kabbalah, astrology, heck maybe the virtues of soap bubbles, and you'......

Discussion Topic  RE: What Type of Photos to Bring to an Agent Meeting? (in Secret Agent Man) by Yonie
I'm with Cheyenne here. Less is more, and you can save those other choices for specific auditions....

» Refine Search
» New Search