Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (715 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Finding like-minded people (in New Actors Only) by Iceman
For better or worse, talking about playwrights in LA is kinda one end of the spectrum. The other end......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > New Actors Only

Discussion Topic  RE: Finding like-minded people (in New Actors Only) by Iceman
First, a question. When you say that everyone's goal here seems to be to live the life they've seen ......

Discussion Topic  RE: .. (in The Working Actor) by Iceman
If you use "Premyer" be prepared for everyone to mispronounce it as "Pre-Mayor" or "Pre-My-Er." I ha......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > The Working Actor

Discussion Topic  RE: Working with new manager, quick question (in The Working Actor) by Iceman
Agents/managers only get their percent on stuff you book while you are signed with them. If you ha......

Discussion Topic  RE: Looks (in New Actors Only) by Iceman
In many (but not all) commercials, it's more about looks then talent. In film and TV, talent is more......

Discussion Topic  RE: "High Profile Shows" (in Secret Agent Man) by Iceman
I have to think agents take more notice of shows that are actually good. They might watch other show......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Secret Agent Man

Discussion Topic  RE: Reel/Computer Question (in The Working Actor) by Iceman
Yeah, as the others said, never send it as an attachment. People will not open your email if it has ......

Discussion Topic  RE: cover letters (in Secret Agent Man) by Iceman
I am so glad SAM just came out and said it point blank that they do not read them. I have always ass......

Discussion Topic  RE: Ok NowCasting, I give you one month (in Auditions) by Iceman
No, and you never will. I saw a casting associate asked this question, and he was not even aware the......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Auditions

Discussion Topic  RE: Am I agent ready? (in Secret Agent Man) by Iceman
Way too long. Do not restate anything that is on your actual resume. Be short and to the point....

Discussion Topic  RE: Why agent sends me out only once every 3-4 months (in Secret Agent Man) by Iceman
Honestly, I can't say that I do much better through my agent, though I get a lot on my own. But the......

Discussion Topic  RE: Why agent sends me out only once every 3-4 months (in Secret Agent Man) by Iceman
Does not sound very good to me. I have known other people to say this, and I will tell you what I te......

Discussion Topic  RE: Headshot/Resume Mail-In Advice Needed (in Headshots, Reels and Resumes) by Iceman
I have always heard that it's best to send one headshot per submission. I always questioned that as ......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Headshots, Reels and Resumes

Discussion Topic  RE: How Do I Do This? (in New Actors Only) by Iceman
Probably send out some resumes and headshots to commercial agents with a cover letter that says what......

Discussion Topic  RE: The Michael Zanuck Agency (in New Actors Only) by Iceman
I have a friend with him... she is not auditioning much. That being said, he has never asked for m......

Discussion Topic  RE: Best Photographers For Headshots In LA? (in The Working Actor) by Iceman
I felt this way a few years back, and ended up going to Paul Smith, who is quite pricy. What I disco......

Discussion Topic  RE: Submitting to shows out of state (in The Working Actor) by Iceman
I've never really submitted to these projects because I can not afford to fly to auditions. Someti......

Discussion Topic  RE: Question from a director re: sides (in Auditions) by Iceman
My only concern would be if an actor got the role they read for, which was seemingly interesting, th......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Auditions

Discussion Topic  RE: Not getting auditions (in The Working Actor) by Iceman
You do not have very big resume. Is he submitting you for all types of roles, or only Guest Stars. I......

Discussion Topic  RE: Variety Magazine (in The Working Actor) by Iceman
I had it for a year, and I found that more often than not I just paged through it and didn't get my ......

» Refine Search
» New Search