home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (328 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Getting an agent without a reel? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
there are exceptions to the rule, Heath, but in this case, the norm is you need to put together a re......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > The Working Actor

Discussion Topic  RE: Getting an agent without a reel? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
Look to student films -- professional film schools are looking for people to cast in their films all......

Discussion Topic  RE: Guys: Are Same-Sex Scenes A Challenge? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
Interesting question. I believe any love scene, gay, lesbian, straight, is a challenge. A lot of a......

Discussion Topic  RE: Dealing with criticism (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
Usually when you are the focus and getting the most feedback, it's because the director is taking th......

Discussion Topic  RE: Tips for learning lines (in New Actors Only) by ressydm
1) Read the script a couple of times to get the gist of the story 2) Read it again to see where you......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > New Actors Only

Discussion Topic  RE: taped monologue submission (in New Actors Only) by ressydm
Plenty. If you are tight on budget, try your local library. There are plenty of books and online s......

Discussion Topic  RE: Blinking on Camera (in New Actors Only) by ressydm
Strange, I never noticed the blinking on Ben Affleck in Argo. I was too wrapped up in noticing the ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Best site for creating a website? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
This is EXTRMELY helpful info, never knew there's a diff between .COM and .ORG when you want to own ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Cinnabon Monster Time - I have an agent/manager! (...now what?) (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
First off, Cinnabon, congratulations - this is just the beginning! As to the frustrated struggling ......

Discussion Topic  RE: How to quiet the negative thoughts and voices? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
We're not meant to feel happy 24/7/365. Somehow it's become some kind of issue if we are not conten......

Discussion Topic  RE: How to quiet the negative thoughts and voices? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
Know you are not alone with having nagging fears and doubts. It's a form of self-sabotage. Meditat......

Discussion Topic  RE: Multiple agents as a non union actor? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
You signed a non-exclusive contract with the first agency? So I'm trying to understand what the iss......

Discussion Topic  How to handle a fellow actor who wants to "direct" everyone? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
I've had this brought to my attention and have been on both sides of this. In one instance, the act......

Discussion Topic  RE: Who here makes their own work? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
Nowadays, the direction of creatives like us is what SAG/AFTRA calls "New Media". Online there are ......

Discussion Topic  RE: People with day jobs - what's your plan? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
Going back to the original post, you are attending or planning to attend some classes and work on yo......

Discussion Topic  well, the 6 recommended nyc acting schools by backstage is out (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
and Lee Strasberg's school is number two after Stella Adler. Interesting, considering the debates I......

Discussion Topic  RE: Unemployment for Actors (in Survival Jobs) by ressydm
They are going to require that you look for and apply for work and you will have to show this proof ......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Survival Jobs

Discussion Topic  Creative differences on a project (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
How does an actor handle a situation like this? Someone writes a piece inspired by you. They give ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Does this speak badly for the Voucher Crowd or where Brandon Lee died? (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
I found this while researching the question of whether one can still get vouchers in right to work s......

Discussion Topic  RE: The Working Actress (in The Working Actor) by ressydm
LOL yep, insecurity. There's a difference as some have put more eloquently here than I have, that t......

» Refine Search
» New Search