home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (79 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: From Deadline: An Alternative Perspective On Casting Workshops (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
Three kinds of actors in LA that I've seen who book work regularly: 1. Already known - they started......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > The Working Actor

Discussion Topic  RE: The Great Recession: a style of acting that speaks to an era's anxieties (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
The acting should reflect the tone of the piece. Stories that are epic, supernatural, fantasy, etc ......

Discussion Topic  RE: the obnoxious agencies (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
CAA WME UTA ICM Paradigm Gersh APA These agencies are so annoying! Constantly pestering CDs about t......

Discussion Topic  RE: Characters / Roles for 20's Female (in Secret Agent Man) by donquixote
Don't go for variety for the sake of variety. Think of it this way. You have a guy who is 6'2", 25......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Secret Agent Man

Discussion Topic  RE: NEW COLUMN - Tips for Foreign Actors (in Secret Agent Man) by donquixote
I'm not an immigration attorney, but have had a bit of experience with the process (consult your att......

Discussion Topic  RE: I booked the lead in an indy film, and an actress wants my part? (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
The only person whose opinion on your casting really matters is the DIRECTOR on set. At least for i......

Discussion Topic  RE: Advice for someone at an awkward age? (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
Have you tried comedy? Improv or stand up. Improv tends to be more age agnostic. If you're looking ......

Discussion Topic  RE: 'Criminal Minds' Casting Director Out After HR Story on Pay-To-Play Workshops (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
It's not something that producers or the studio would want to be associated with. Cutting ties immed......

Discussion Topic  RE: NEW COLUMN - Sitzfleisch (in Secret Agent Man) by donquixote
I don't want to pat ourselves on the back (or maybe we should!) but as we're in the thick of it, day......

Discussion Topic  RE: NEW COLUMN - Sitzfleisch (in Secret Agent Man) by donquixote
I think it's important to point out one important thing: The Gen-Xers (those born before 1980) were......

Discussion Topic  RE: New Hollywood Economy: Pay-for-Play Auditions for Actors Gain Dominance (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
But comrade Edge here in Russia we also have to pay a few rubles each time to 'motivate' a gatekeepe......

Discussion Topic  RE: Act Now (CD Workshops) (in Secret Agent Man) by donquixote
CD workshops are not about the money at all. They are there out of the goodness of their hearts, ble......

Discussion Topic  RE: What Does It Mean When You Just Hear "Thanks for Coming In" After an Audition? (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
Remember that casting a role isn't done in a vacuum, but with other roles in mind, even down to phys......

Discussion Topic  RE: AA and slate (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
The actor slates are a waste. They do NOT automatically push you to the top. Frankly speaking, most......

Discussion Topic  RE: Wow, how out of touch are these filmmakers? (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
You should respond, saying you're Gus Van Saint....

Discussion Topic  RE: NEW COLUMN - The Future of Hollywood (in Secret Agent Man) by donquixote
Great job on the article. The huge change may parallel what happened with the music industry: it st......

Discussion Topic  RE: Before Moving to LA -- Preparation (in The Working Actor) by donquixote
Before moving to LA, here's what you can do on your own - most of which is essentially a lot of read......

Discussion Topic  RE: Hi SAM, how about listing the specifics of your ethnicity on your resume? (in Secret Agent Man) by donquixote
Don't list your ethnicity on your resume, but: - make sure your reps know your specific ethnicity/h......

Discussion Topic  RE: Acting Teacher told me I'm not good enough (in New Actors Only) by donquixote
This may be inspirational, but in a different way: ......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > New Actors Only

» Refine Search
» New Search