Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (140 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: do you cry in auditions? (in The Working Actor) by JJS
I can't remember exactly, but in "Pleasantville" didn't Macy require the eye drops and tell the dire......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > The Working Actor

Discussion Topic  RE: do you cry in auditions? (in The Working Actor) by JJS
William H. Macy. Pretty good actor. Not a crier....

Discussion Topic  RE: Tips After Something Has Been Written? (in The Working Actor) by JJS
There was a time when people used to give me their just-written script to read (why, I have no idea)......

Discussion Topic  RE: The fail of the system and the future of actors. Thoughts? (in Secret Agent Man) by JJS
The idea is that the studios are putting more money into fewer films. In other words they are spendi......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Secret Agent Man

Discussion Topic  RE: commercial auditions (in The Working Actor) by JJS
The point that was being made by posting that formula wasn't to actually work out the formula and ar......

Discussion Topic  RE: commercial auditions (in The Working Actor) by JJS
Pretty obvious who is the idiot in this equation....

Discussion Topic  RE: Overly Cautious? (in Secret Agent Man) by JJS
Unless things have changed since the last time I knew anything about anything, which is entirely pos......

Discussion Topic  RE: Casting Director Workshop: target list feedback? (in The Working Actor) by JJS
Bwahahahahaha!...

Discussion Topic  RE: Casting Director Workshop: target list feedback? (in The Working Actor) by JJS
Jenny, everyone is in the same situation as you. If they're not right now, they will be or have been......

Discussion Topic  RE: Am I Doing Something Wrong? No representation after almost 3 years... (in Secret Agent Man) by JJS
Yo Rocco, I'm a stand-up, too. I also have no agent, but then I don't really want one either. When ......

Discussion Topic  RE: finding good monologues (in The Working Actor) by JJS
Yes, what Fishy-fish said, exactly. Read plays, lots and lots of plays. I only have one tiny thing ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Comments for New Column (in Secret Agent Man) by JJS
SAM, you have a perspective on the "industry" that is unique from actors, especially new actors. Not......

Discussion Topic  RE: Using Own Scene For Agent Showcase For Reading? (in The Working Actor) by JJS

Discussion Topic  RE: Using Own Scene For Agent Showcase For Reading? (in The Working Actor) by JJS
I'm not in love with Mamet, I was making a, oh never mind. Fine, substitute the name of any writer ......

Ok time for a straight answer; NO, do not use a scene you wrote as an audition piece. Ever. Unless y......

Discussion Topic  RE: Updated Agent List (in Secret Agent Man) by JJS
Wheeeeee, I love drama! Especially when its funny. The following advice is for any and all actors, ......

Discussion Topic  RE: NEW COLUMN - Being Famous (in Secret Agent Man) by JJS
Celebrity changes everything. And not only for the one making the big bucks either, but also their f......

Discussion Topic  RE: Stand-Up open mics (in The Working Actor) by JJS
Thanks for all the 411. Does anyone have any personal, first hand experience (good or bad) with an......

Discussion Topic  Stand-Up open mics (in The Working Actor) by JJS
Okay, I know its yet another stand-up question, but I have nowhere else to turn. I need a place to ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Anyone done any lying involving their career? (in The Working Actor) by JJS
Mila Kunis was only 14 when she landed the role on "That 70's Show" which launched her career. She l......

» Refine Search
» New Search