home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (507 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Alderson, Ruskin or Mestnick? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Guskin's book How to Stop Acting is good!! Gandolfini, a Meisner actor, coached with Guskin. Alder......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > The Working Actor

Discussion Topic  RE: Alderson, Ruskin or Mestnick? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Ruskin does not know how to teach the true two year program from my sources who studied with him. M......

William Alderson was taught by Meisner, then hand picked by Meisner to teach alongside him at The Pl......

Discussion Topic  RE: To AEA or not to AEA? (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
That is not true. I was hired at an SPT theatre in central CA for a whole summer in "Grease" as non......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Secret Agent Man

Discussion Topic  RE: The Michael Zanuck Agency (in New Actors Only) by amo37
I too have gotten those notices before from this agency. Too many bad things about them for me to ta......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > New Actors Only

Discussion Topic  RE: joining AEA through SAG (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
Proud to be an AEA member where I started. They do good work at the theatres mentioned....

Discussion Topic  RE: paying manager for breakdown services? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
No on the fees for breakdowns. What is that? Yes on the time frame. All managers have their own c......

Discussion Topic  RE: an odd call back (in The Working Actor) by amo37
That's where your improv training comes in and being open to direction is always important....

Discussion Topic  RE: Headshot recommendations. (in The Working Actor) by amo37
I shot with Karine Simon and I loved her and her shots. However, after posting some on the websites......

Discussion Topic  RE: Managers (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Also remember that anyone can hang up a shingle and say they are a manager, as they are unregulated....

Discussion Topic  RE: Resumes (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Extra work is not acting. It's decoration. Never goes on a resume. Featured is a semi clever way of......

Discussion Topic  RE: So, who should be on the Backstage Finalist Awards finalist list that isn't? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Why would you spend the money on a class based on opinions? What works for one may not work for you......

Discussion Topic  RE: Emotional Accessibility Training (in Acting Methods and Approaches) by amo37
If you have a solid foundation in acting, you don't need peace-meal classes like "Emotional Fitness.......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Acting Methods and Approaches

Discussion Topic  RE: Emotional Accessibility Training (in Acting Methods and Approaches) by amo37
You're better off with solid training in a 2 year Meisner program where you learn to be truthful. B......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Acting Methods and Approaches

Discussion Topic  RE: Irritated by Hobby Actors (in New Actors Only) by amo37
I went to a commercial audition the other day. As I waited I was going over my sides. Another olde......

Discussion Topic  RE: Michael D'Ambrosia vs. Paul Gregory (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
You should meet with a photog prior to making a decision. It's a collaborative effort. I went to D......

Discussion Topic  RE: How long after a gig should you be paid? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
If it's a non-union commercial, there is no time limit as to when you may be paid. Contact them if ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Reading the copy board at Daniel Hoff audition (in New Actors Only) by amo37
How about memorizing the copy and addressing the camera directly? Get there early, get in line, get......

Discussion Topic  RE: Meisner Technique (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Good acting is truthful acting. Whatever method or technique enables you to be truthful in your act......

Discussion Topic  RE: Meisner Technique (in The Working Actor) by amo37
I'm sure a 5 year old beginning ballet student would love to jump up onstage and dance with the New ......

» Refine Search
» New Search