home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (488 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: While you wait for the paying gigs (in The Working Actor) by amo37
I would only do union theatre that pays. Pasadena Playhouse, Geffen, etc. The pay outweighs the ti......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > The Working Actor

Discussion Topic  RE: Finally chose this one (in Headshots, Reels and Resumes) by amo37
You need to have something going on behind your eyes. These are merely posed looks. Have a dialogu......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Headshots, Reels and Resumes

Discussion Topic  RE: Letter from Billy Damota to SAG-AFTRA president (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Clap Clap Clap!!!!! Standing Ovation!! Bravo!! Bravissimo!! I agree! Relationships are most impo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Letter from Billy Damota to SAG-AFTRA president (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Many of these CDs, like Scott David, also teach ongoing classes along with the one night workshops, ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Rob Gallagher-Manager (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
Um...Yea..My manager submits me for both theatrical and commercial auditions and my commercial agent......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Secret Agent Man

Discussion Topic  RE: Rob Gallagher-Manager (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
A bad rep can be worse than no rep. This is a bad time to try and find a rep anyway. I'd pass....

Discussion Topic  RE: How to Get Over Feeling Inauthentic in your Work (in New Actors Only) by amo37
You can act at any age. Some actors don't even start working until their 30s, 40s and beyond. There......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > New Actors Only

Discussion Topic  RE: How to Get Over Feeling Inauthentic in your Work (in New Actors Only) by amo37
I did a 2 year Meisner program after I received my BA in theatre. Meisner is a HUGE committment. Lo......

Sounds like you are 'audience aware.' But in this case, you are 'camera aware' and taking yourself ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Stein Entertainment Group (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
I did have a meeting. They called me in to re-audition for them. But still no auditions. Nice staf......

Discussion Topic  RE: Stein Entertainment Group (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
Nice guy. But.. Signed a three year contract with them. After one year they booted me. In that o......

Discussion Topic  RE: Overnight Job/Graveyard Shift (in The Working Actor) by amo37
In NYC I was an overnight legal assistant/proofreader. But in NYC, the best job I had that was flex......

Discussion Topic  RE: Overnight Job/Graveyard Shift (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Done it. Sucked for me. Body clock messed up. Exhausted after shift, which affected morning audit......

Discussion Topic  RE: Non-union and EPA's (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Just remember. Whether or not non-union people get seen is not up to Equity nor their monitors at t......

Discussion Topic  RE: When do Commercial and Theatrical Agents Clean out Their Roster? (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
For Theatrical, after pilot season ends around end of April. When an agency cleans house depends on......

Discussion Topic  RE: Email Submissions for Rep: photo quota (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Yep. Never send attachments. I send a link to my AA profile and also to my website, since both sit......

Discussion Topic  RE: How Important Is The Demo Reel? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
A resume doesn't show your work like a demo reel does. It only lists credits. If you have a reel or......

Discussion Topic  RE: Keeping Sane (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Preparation plus opportunity equals luck. If you don't know Brad Pitt....

Discussion Topic  RE: Workshops During Pilot Season (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
Go on showfax. If a member, you can download scenes from tv and film that are currently auditioning ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Facebook Page or Website (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Anytime you can have 24 hour a day marketing with demo clips attached it's well worth it. You can i......

» Refine Search
» New Search