home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (506 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Which survival job should I pursue - real estate or voice over work? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Everyone is in real estate. My two cousins in LA have been in it for over 3 years, work 7 days a we......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > The Working Actor

Discussion Topic  RE: NY'er dealing with Los Angeles (in The Working Actor) by amo37
I'm from the Midwest where everyone is honest and open but I've lived and worked for many years in N......

Discussion Topic  RE: Sick of BS Auditions (in Auditions) by amo37
Anyone can spend hours on a good taped audition. Doesn't mean they are brilliant or are even any go......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Auditions

Discussion Topic  RE: Meisner Technique (in The Working Actor) by amo37
I have a friend in LA who studied with Ruskin, and once she explained to me his take on the two year......

Discussion Topic  RE: Meisner Technique (in The Working Actor) by amo37
No offense taken. As I always say, you have to find who is good for you. Opinions are just that....

Discussion Topic  RE: Any criticism of Meisner theory? (in Acting Methods and Approaches) by amo37
Hmmm mmmm...
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Acting Methods and Approaches

Discussion Topic  RE: Any criticism of Meisner theory? (in Acting Methods and Approaches) by amo37
I think the fact that Mr. Alderson was taught by Meisner for 2 years in the 1960s and then was hand ......

Jackie Chan, who the hell are you? I'm a middle aged studio and college educated union actor from t......

(I totally agree with Stumbleine that many of today's gifted actors and teachers have moved way beyo......

In other words, Baron/Brown and Mestnik are 2nd generation Meisner teachers and the rest are 1st gen......

Discussion Topic  RE: LA NETWORKING TRIPS ADVICE (in The Working Actor) by amo37
If you want to work in LA, you really have to live here. There are hundreds of thousands of actors ......

Discussion Topic  RE: When should I start submitting to agencies? (in New Actors Only) by amo37
A person in the SAG-AFTRA office told me differently. They said you cannot do another union gig unt......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > New Actors Only

Discussion Topic  RE: When should I start submitting to agencies? (in New Actors Only) by amo37
I was told that you can't book another SAG gig on the payment plan until you pay it off. You say yo......

I got this info from the internet. You are correct, not 100% accurate. The payment plan is 1/3 dow......

Yes, you would be SAG-E. And.. “SAG Eligible” Status: From the date you first become eligible, you......

Discussion Topic  RE: starting full time job-what should I do... (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Find a concierge job. I find it very flexible. Oh, I have to go help a resident. Be back as soon ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Your favorite LA photographers please! (in Headshots, Reels and Resumes) by amo37
David Muller is amazing. Just shot with him last week. 2 looks with hair and makeup $500. Worth e......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Headshots, Reels and Resumes

Discussion Topic  RE: is this manager contract "term" okay? (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
Since managers are not regulated nor licensed, their contracts will vary. If you have an agent, why......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Secret Agent Man

Discussion Topic  RE: Scene Study For People Over 21 (in The Working Actor) by amo37
I've taken class for years with young folks and I'm 44. My teacher always gave us age appropriate sc......

Discussion Topic  RE: Non union commercial pay. How does it work? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
What you got is what you get. Enjoy it!...

» Refine Search
» New Search