home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (505 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Meisner for more character-y roles (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Truth...
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > The Working Actor

Discussion Topic  RE: Meisner for more character-y roles (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Amen Epicurus. Break legs out there everyone!...

You can't learn Meisner from a book. Great source, but not a way to learn a technique. I love Esper'......

Discussion Topic  RE: Email Vs. Hardcopy (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
Use the free email under tools tab on actorsaccess. Sends your entire profile as a link in an email.......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Secret Agent Man

Discussion Topic  RE: Actors Leaving LA (in Acting Outside Hollywood) by amo37
As I've said in past posts, I auditioned here in LA for Sheila Jaffe's office for a recurring role f......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Acting Outside Hollywood

Discussion Topic  RE: Actors Leaving LA (in Acting Outside Hollywood) by amo37
Yep. There is always a new hot spot for filming. The smart money and longevity in a career comes wit......

Discussion Topic  RE: Aaron Speiser and Alderson (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
I say technique first and focus on that. That is your foundation, your floor, if you will. Most of......

Discussion Topic  RE: Alderson, Ruskin or Mestnick? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Alderson rocks. He and Esper taught with Meisner at The Playhouse and were asked by Meisner to teach......

Discussion Topic  RE: Alderson, Ruskin or Mestnick? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
Guskin's book How to Stop Acting is good!! Gandolfini, a Meisner actor, coached with Guskin. Alder......

Ruskin does not know how to teach the true two year program from my sources who studied with him. M......

William Alderson was taught by Meisner, then hand picked by Meisner to teach alongside him at The Pl......

Discussion Topic  RE: IDmb (in Child and Teen Actors, Singers, and Dancers) by amo37
Having IMDB pro allows you to add head shots, reels, representation and update your resume, in addit......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > Child and Teen Actors, Singers, and Dancers

Discussion Topic  RE: Looks (in New Actors Only) by amo37
Reality tv has only added to the superficial controversy. Not only has it taken jobs away from acto......
Backstage.com > Message Board Homepage > New Actors Only

Discussion Topic  RE: Reel/Computer Question (in The Working Actor) by amo37
If you use the email option under tools on AA you can choose which head shots and video clips to inc......

Discussion Topic  RE: E-mail submissions - what to write in the body of the email? (in New Actors Only) by amo37
No one wants to open attachments from an unknown person. That is incorrect advice. Use the free ema......

Discussion Topic  RE: Should I move to Atlanta? (in Acting Outside Hollywood) by amo37
Just as MI was a fad, my home state, and Louisiana is a fad, Atlanta too shall eventually pass. LA......

Discussion Topic  RE: William Esper ?? (in The Working Actor) by amo37
2nd year it is less strict with Alderson, as long as you make arrangements. However, the first year......

Discussion Topic  RE: Slate shots - pros/cons/experience. (in The Working Actor) by amo37
You're better off waiting until you get some actual footage. Even a well done student film would be......

Discussion Topic  RE: To AEA or not to AEA? (in Secret Agent Man) by amo37
That is not true. I was hired at an SPT theatre in central CA for a whole summer in "Grease" as non......

Discussion Topic  RE: The Michael Zanuck Agency (in New Actors Only) by amo37
I too have gotten those notices before from this agency. Too many bad things about them for me to ta......

» Refine Search
» New Search