New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Millers Login/Join

Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
It was a friend of ours and she is 8

Posts: 151 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
There's a lot of confusing information in this thread...multiple roles/Mikayla co-star, cameras/no cameras, starting 11/11 or is that a CB date? We went out for co-star Mikayla role last week and the process for casting a role like this usually involves several auditions, a chemistry read and then negotiations (where you are strongly advised to have an attorney review the contract). I doubt that all took place between Friday and today (Veterans Day). I'm willing to accept its a possibility the role booked...I'm just a bit skeptical.

Posts: 2 | Location: Southern California | Registered: May 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
The thread started out about the role of Young Debbie. Then there was another casting for the role of Mikayla, series regular, with start date 11/11. Some people went on tape, some did not. The role has been booked by a girl with my dd's manager.

Posts: 11 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
It is booked. Your dd may have gone out last week, but they had had several rounds of callbacks and were in some negotiations long before Friday. They do that a lot. Have many rounds and continue to hold calls while in negotiations with some choices in case those choices don't work out.

Posts: 427 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
What role has been booked? Young Debbie or Mikayla? The role of Mikayla had just been released last week with no call back date which is usual for this type of situation.

Posts: 36 | Location: United States | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Mikayla booked.

Posts: 58 | Location: NY Area | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Both have even booked. I assure you the BD for Mikayla came out to agents on both coasts a number of weeks ago. It may have been rerelease a or released wider (Actors Access or regional markets?) last week, but the BD has been out for a while.

It is actually very uncommon for theatrical breakdowns to list callback dates as there can often be more than one, sometimes many, and they are dependent on the ever changing schedules of directors and producers who have to attend.

Commercial breakdowns, on the other hand, usually list callback dates.

Posts: 427 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Just one more thing, DD has been sent out by her agent (no a small agency) last week. There is an actress currently on the show.(Edie Moon) She has been on there for 7 episodes so far. Is this the person that we are referring to as being booked? or is it someone new to replace her?

Posts: 36 | Location: United States | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new2:
quote:
Originally posted by new2:
Just one more thing, DD has been sent out by her agent (not a small agency) last week. There is an actress currently on the show.(Eve Moon) She has been on there for 7 episodes so far. Is this the person that we are referring to as being booked? or is it someone new to replace her?

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Someone new. They has been seeing replacements for weeks.

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I meant different than her.

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Yes I understood =). And it is someone different than her.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I heard a little girl 8yrs old just booked from NYC...eve is no longer there.

Posts: 56 | Location: Los Angelos | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Based on her name I am assuming New2 is a bit newer to the biz.

I can totally understand being confused when your agent sends you on an audition and only a few days later, after a holiday weekend, you hear it's booked.

The reality is they do many many rounds of first calls, second calls, producers, network, mix & match, studio, etc etc all at the same time. It may be your child's first call but they may be having a producers session or test that same day. One of my kids went to producers for a pilot this past season and within two hours we read on Deadline about the kid who booked it. They had had a producers sesson the Friday before (this was a Tuesday) which I knew because my kid was supposed to be there but couldn't make it. They keep seeing until it's completely done deal signed in stone.

posted Hide Post
The role for Mikayla was booked yesterday. I know this because my good friend's DD was in the final two testing for the network.

Posts: 9 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post