Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Millers Login/Join

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
There were a few Dad that were seen before and went back for a 2nd time for the new role. GL Were you taped or just recited the sides?

Posts: 450 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
My DD went in for Young Debbie and was put on tape and now is going in for Mikayla on Monday. Wonder why they are using the same sides, and why they would make girls they have already seen go in again? Can't they just look at the tapes? Seems like a waste.

Posts: 38 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ginnymom42
posted Hide Post
6 yr old DD is going in for this on Wednesday in NY ... GLTA!!!

Posts: 12 | Location: Poconos | Registered: June 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Drama Kid - that's a complement. I know a few who went again. How old was young Debbie? Is that a flashback part? I don't know all the characters. Good for you that they are using the same sides.

Ginny that's great - is she going for Mikayla? Maybe they are aging down the role. I know she is way older than 6 on the show right now. She's much bigger than my dd who is 7 but looks younger. I don't know how old EM is and I don't know why she's leaving. Sounds like they are seeing lots of different types and ages to decide.

Maybe it's more than one part with everyone using the same sides. The age range is huge and auditions now run till next Wed since I knew Tuesdays before..

Posts: 450 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
They are using the same sides as for young Debbie plus a second (new) scene. Agree that they are seeing a very wide range for Mikayla!

Posts: 79 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Well anyone has a choice whether to audition with the sides or not. Problem going with a 10 yo is they can look like a teen and develop in a year. I think they'll go 9 but I don't know at all. Just my opinion. If they want someone to hold the part for a few years and not look like they are going to JR HS or HS then they have to go younger. It's also a 8:30 show - so it's on pretty early. Isn't 2 Broke Girls on 9 or later?

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Well, my DD is 11 but wears a size 8, she is beyond tiny. I was also wondering why they are bringing her back after they put her on tape the last time and they could just look at the tape since it is the same sides (plus a little more). But we are happy to go back in any event. GLTA!!!

Posts: 23 | Location: New York | Registered: September 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
What did they add on the sides? The 2nd scene or the first? The 2nd one is the one people are having problems with.

Congrats JA - that means they really liked her. My kid is like yours but much younger at this time. Tiny. Too tiny for this part but we'll go of course. They have kids coming back who are 8 yo as well so it's not just older kids who look young.

Anonymous I didn't mind them that much. It's all what your comfortable with. I've seen much worse and it's not like it's nudity.

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Nycgal-they added on the second part of the script. The first part was what my DD read when she went for young Debbie.

Clearly they are just doing a very wide search and then deciding which way they want to go, it is anyone's guess at this point what age/coloring/size they want since the kids coming in seem to be all over the place!! :-)

Posts: 23 | Location: New York | Registered: September 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ginnymom42
posted Hide Post
NYCGAL - Yes, it's for Mikayla (as far as we know. Those are the sides we have, and like your DD, mine is very petite (can easily pass for 5!)

Posts: 12 | Location: Poconos | Registered: June 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DD is going in today to tape her audition. She will be 8 next month but looks much older...and is tall for her age. Good luck everyone. Smiler

Posts: 19 | Location: New Orleans | Registered: September 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
I was wondering why the 1st line said "Hey Mom", since Carol is her Grandmother.

Princess K

Posts: 79 | Location: SF | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
That scene was for Young Debbie, not Mikayla so it was Young Debbie speaking to Carol. I guess they just decided to keep using those sides anyway for the Mikayla audition.

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Is anyone going this afternoon? Maybe we can meet. Private message me if you want or post here. GLTA. I love meeting up with other parents.

posted Hide Post
Wish I could meet up with a few parents, good luck NYGAL. Smiler

Posts: 19 | Location: New Orleans | Registered: September 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post