home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Parents and Children  Hop To Forums  Child and Teen Actors, Singers, and Dancers    Background: Kids Management vs. Elite Kids Talent vs. Studio Kids Management
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Background: Kids Management vs. Elite Kids Talent vs. Studio Kids Management Login/Join

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Kids Management used to (and I believe still does) ask for exclusivity. The others don't usually mind.

Agents don't like you to be doing background work while you are signed to them because it makes you unavailable when they need you. I don't think they give much thought to background work you did before coming to them...unless you try and put it on a resume (NO!!!) or if you have a very young kid and tried it to make sure they would behave and enjoy being on set (YES).

Posts: 589 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I would like her to do the background to warm back up to being onset. It has been a few years for her. Now my daughter is 12 and wants to get back into it. She wants to do modeling too so we would like to get a full service agency.
Any advice is always appreciated. I think I would enjoy Elite,they seem more family oriented and more personally one on one. Usually the more clients the more difficult it would be to get work.

~A

Posts: 7 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
Picture of Kouklaface
posted Hide Post
We started out in background only becuase my 11 yr old changed her mind constantly. First it was karate, then it was mma, then it was ballet and so forth. I started her out here until she showed that she was serious. It was her responsibility to call and get the call times and the locations. Worked out great for her. She loved it, she did some Disney shows and that of course is always a PLUS! Best of luck to you.

Posts: 127 | Location: Yorba Linda | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post