New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound of Music on NBC Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Hopeful Mom.

I am glad you understood it in the respectful way I intended it ... as what I felt was a lack of respect to the regular posters here.

It's not like they wouldn't see the BLATANT ADVERTISEMENT for the class in the same FOLDER like two entries down LOL.

Posts: 7 | Location: DC | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
anyone else heard of agent auditions on this one? we too were told to wait instead of going to open call but curious if the agent auditions are fully out or rolling?

Posts: 30 | Location: NY | Registered: July 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I read that Carrie Underwood is 5'3". Do you think height will be a factor in this?

Posts: 14 | Location: United States | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know of a number of agent appointments.

Posts: 57 | Location: NY Area | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ginnymom42
posted Hide Post
Heard from agent today and DD does have an appointment, but don't know exactly when just yet. Was told it will be within the next 3 weeks. GLTA!!

Posts: 8 | Location: Poconos | Registered: June 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Ok question? My dd has a flipper for commercial/tv auditions. Are you suppose to wear it for theater? I fear it could fall out or somehow interfere with her singing. Any thoughts/experiences?

Posts: 151 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Rehearsals start October 14th, so they have lots of time to set up appointments. And remember, for those that didn't get one yet, our agent said appointments would be both before and after the open call. Good Luck!!!

Posts: 99 | Location: New York | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
momof3 - I haven't met anyone in theater who has a flipper! At least that I know of! I would say it's not necessary, but maybe your agent would know best? Good luck!

Posts: 41 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Our agent said never, ever where a flipper for anything...commercial, tv, film, theater! She said if they want one they will get one, once the child is cast.

Posts: 99 | Location: New York | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Forgive my ignorance, but what in the world is a flipper?? Smiler

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
A dental flipper is a white plastic cover up for teeth used in modeling with younger children to make their teeth appear bigger, whiter, straighter, and to cover up gaps from missing teeth. Think "Toddlers and Tiaras."

Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
My dd manager requires you get one when they lose there front top teeth only. Funny thing is my dd has two missing on the bottom as well Smiler

Posts: 151 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Ugggh its the age! I can't stand the missing teeth! My DD has so many missing!!! I wanted to get a flipper, the agent said no and she is booking without one, so I guess it depends on what they are looking for. So hard to know! I personally think that it might be hard to sing with a flipper in, but that is a call you would have to make. If she can sing well with it in, and you have it, they why not use it! :-)

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
They just showed the open call on The Today show on NBC. OMG - it's insane. Hundreds and hundreds of kids who can sing.

Posts: 416 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Good luck to everyone who's there! Can't wait to hear all the great audition stories! We decided to wait and take our chances.

Posts: 41 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post