Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound of Music on NBC Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Any casting updates since the Broadway World Finalists article?

Posts: 11 | Location: New York | Registered: May 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
xxxxx

Posts: 24 | Location: New York | Registered: August 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Good for her. A very nice girl.

Posts: 61 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Saw that one girl wrote she was cast as Gretl on her website and AA page. Has full cast of children been announced anywhere? We were not involved, but my DC's are so excited to see it!

Posts: 54 | Location: United States | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
http://m.playbill.com/news/art...s-Von-Trapp-Children

Congratulations, especially to the kids who got this from the open call!

Posts: 26 | Location: New York | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Looks like Gretl may be from open call. Sophia Caruso may have gone to the open call as well but she has an agent and is not a newcomer.

Posts: 452 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Mia Sinclair Jenness has it on multiple pages if her site she is Gretl. Wonder if there was a cast change?

Posts: 54 | Location: United States | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
maybe she shouldn't have posted prior to the announcement. She also is coloring different from the rest. Maybe she's the understudy.

Posts: 452 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Mia is the u/s so she is rehearsing. I could be wrong, but I don't think any of these kids were from the open call. They all had professional representation.

Posts: 56 | Location: NY Area | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
That doesn't mean they got an appt. That's what I was trying to say. Agents could not get everyone an appt so people went anyway. Kids with agents were also told to go to Matilda if they couldn't get an appt.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I know, but I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that wasn't the case here. And certainly not for Sophia, who was performing in a show out of town at the time.

Posts: 56 | Location: NY Area | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Just saw she was at the Annie open call - didn't read it all the way thru - that was when she was 9

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I know for sure at least one of the girls booked strictly from the open call - no representation. And I believe the older boy was featured in the open call video footage (posted earlier in this thread, if i recall?) He may have representation in addition, but I'm fairly sure it's the same boy who sang in the open call video. Regardless, it's exciting for all of the kids who were cast...I'm personally just happy to see kids being "discovered" at open calls. It has a nice Cinderella element to it! Smiler

Posts: 26 | Location: New York | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
That is great. I'm happy to be wrong!

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Me too Zen mom. Especially since they had stated that they for sure found at least one from the open call. It's nice to know it's not a waste of time and not just a publicity stunt. Either way, all those open call kids were seen by a big casting director and musical director so if they have potential they will be remembered. Notes are usually taken and perhaps video as well.

Funny my dd has never seen the original but I'm sure she'll want to watch this one. Just would love to tape it and watch it sans commercials.

I am also super interested to see if they are doing an equity rate or a SAG rate or both. Just my curious side since this is a very different type of project. There are rehearsals and the live show - that I would assume would be SAG but I don't know. We're pretty new.