Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound of Music on NBC Login/Join

Picture of ginnymom42
posted Hide Post
Also wondering if anyone heard anything about Gretl? DD went in on agent appointment the Wednesday before last. Haven't seen much chatter about the part ... anyone brought back for a second round?

Posts: 12 | Location: Poconos | Registered: June 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
call back have happened for Gretl. Not sure if there will be more. They were last week.

Posts: 450 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good luck to all. if anybody can let me know the size and coloring of the Luisas that are at tomorrows callback, i will be very grateful so i can know staying home was wise. thank you again ZenMom3.

Posts: 16 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Pictures on Broadway World this morning.

Posts: 17 | Location: United States | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
confusing. i read it in the morning and now it is erased. but, it looks like the one blond my daughter's height has been an understudy on a regional project with this casting before so we would just have wasted our time

Posts: 16 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
Picture of DancingButterfly
posted Hide Post
The girl you refer to, Foresta fried, has an amazing, very powerful voice and is well known in the Broadway community, althouth she did not appear in any of the Broadway productions, - YET. I believe she is 14 and 5 feet 4 or close to it.

Posts: 66 | Location: NY | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Hey Foresta... Check your messages. Smiler

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Hi DancingButterfly- if I may, I don't think Foresta was undermining the talent of this young lady in any way. I am personally not sure which girl you are referring to, but I completely understand Foresta trying to make sense of why casting called her daughter to fly up at the very last minute, when it seemed they had a very strong pool of candidates to choose from. I think Foresta was just commenting on the fact that the blonde girl in question already had a strong connection and relationship with casting, and that it may well have been a waste of time and money to fly up from Florida with very little notice. Incidentally, not sure what happened to the BWW photo shoot spread, but congratulations to all the talented children who were cast!

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
This morning after seeing the BWW article my DS congratulated a friend they said was cast. His friend seemed confused and surprised. Shortly after that BWW put up an apology than the whole thing was down. GL to whoever is cast and all those who made the finals! Too bad they took down the pictures of final callbacks.

Posts: 66 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
Picture of DancingButterfly
posted Hide Post
ZenMom, I completely understand what she meant, and in no way was trying to prove anything. It was something more of a side note than anythign else.

Posts: 66 | Location: NY | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Smiler Thanks, DancingButterfly, for clarifying. Sometimes it's hard to read the "tone" of posts...this is just such a difficult and emotionally challenging business, for children and parents alike. So much to consider, so much to worry about, and even then...half the time you don't really have a clue what you're up against! Especially if you don't have all the money in the world to spare..or at least live within driving distance!! Best of luck to all of you and your children, in whatever comes next...

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
http://webcache.googleusercont...st=1380767725636336/

You can usually find a cached version of web pages that have been taken down

Posts: 501 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Those pictures up today were of finalists not the booked kids. I don't know how that rumor got started

Posts: 9 | Location: NY | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Broadway World's initial article said "cast" that's what started the rumor.

I have to say after seeing Madeline Brewer on Orange is the New Black I just don't want to see her as one of the Von Trapp family LOL! She must be in the mix for Liesel, right? They couldn't possibly cast that old for Louisa, could they?

Posts: 501 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Yes it said cast and listed the names. There are more kids in the pictures than were listed as in the "final cast".

Posts: 66 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post