Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fathers and Daughters Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Curious if anyone has received a callback for Young Katie? I just saw that Let it Cast has extended the deadline (for I think the fourth time now!). The new "deadline" for submissions is March 10. Really!!

My DD went in person, but I think that was a disadvantage. She said she didn't work up any tears. At 8, she didn't know how to transition from the "Hello's" and slating into such an emotional scene so quickly. She was in and out so quick. Also, we got the sides so late the night before, that she only had about an hour and half total time to memorize them. There was quite a bit!

I think if you tape, you can help them get into the emotion and of course save the best take. I am considering sending in a tape on Let It Cast. Has anyone done that before? Sent a tape after an "in person?" It was so long ago, I seriously doubt if they remember her.

Posts: 15 | Location: California | Registered: June 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Just got this for a self-tape today. We JUST switched agencies this morning and DD fits the breakdown for young Kate, so we're going to do it as soon as we can. (Obviously miffed that old agency didn't have us do this sooner, but hey -- that's all in the past now!)

Posts: 350 | Location: CT | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Bump... any info on this? I think it's begun shooting but I can't find any info about the young Katie. Curious!

Posts: 350 | Location: CT | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
It is definitely shooting; I've seen extras notices for filming from March 14-March 25 and additional ones for March 22, so all that is rolling along.

Posts: 161 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Just Googled and found a reference about it from a girl from an agency in western PA. But it's unclear whether it's that she got Young Katie or just is auditioning, so do not want to post beyond that.

It sounds like a great movie!

Posts: 54 | Location: United States | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Just read a Pittsburgh news article that states that filming is scheduled for the next 8 weeks. Aaron Paul is in town, Russell Crowe is not (this week). So it sounds like things are just getting started...maybe there is still hope! The Pittsburgh casting company did day players, stand ins and the extras so that could have been what you saw with the local girl, but who knows! Good luck!

Posts: 161 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Checked in with our agent -- they have narrowed down their field. We are not standing in that field, lol!

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Too bad! On to greener "fields!" Good luck to you.

posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard who was cast? We put my dd on tape in December and then she got called into the office in February and a callback in March, but we haven't heard anything since. I have given up on thinking that she was chosen and she actually isn't available now because she booked a movie shooting for three weeks here in LA, but I am REALLY curious as to who was picked.

Posts: 12 | Location: Reseda, CA | Registered: April 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
I think -- and this is only a speculation -- repeat, ONLY a speculation -- that Li'l Angels mgmt might have posted the girl who got the role. They said she landed a major role in a major motion picture but did not name the film. She totally looked the part. I think they are bicoastal, so I'm not sure where she's from.

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Could be. Or that could be The Intern. Or something else.

I just looked online, to see if I could find any information and came across this. Scroll down the page. Not sure if that's a picture of Young Katie, but if so, she looks much older than the L'ill Angles photo.

http://www.pittnews.com/news/a...bf-001a4bcf6878.html

Posts: 12 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
It can be for either role. Whoever books either role is super lucky!

Posts: 77 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha! I KNOW that the L'il Angels girl didn't get Fathers and Daughters or the Intern. Her movie isn't quite as A list, but it could be a pretty popular film.

That pic on the pittnews site does look like it's probably the girl who was chosen.

ETA: I said haha because I asked if anyone knew who got the role and then someone speculated that it might be my own daughter. I hope no one was offended.

Posts: 12 | Location: Reseda, CA | Registered: April 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Kylie Rogers Boards Gabriele Mucino’s ‘Fathers And Daughters’ - http://pulse.me/s/11b2L7

Posts: 506 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
She also booked Visitors

Posts: 506 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post