Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TEENS GETTING STARTED Login/Join

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Another SCAM bites the dust! Thank you to Los Angeles Deputy City Attorney Mark Lambert and the 2009 Krekorian Talent Scam Prevention Act.

http://www.backstage.com/bso/n...les-1005303492.story

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 754 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 455 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Posts: 754 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Questions regarding acting classes are usually best asked and answered in a thread that focuses on acting classes.

- MIB -

Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 455 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Another bump!

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
It's tax time again and thanks to PaulaD and BizParentz, here is a thread with helpful, up-to-date info regarding taxes for child actors.

http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/f.../9611031/m/497101614

- MIB -

Kevin Bacon
Picture of JokeWriter
posted Hide Post
Wow! what a post! and so filled with quality resources. Keep them coming. Kids in the biz need continuous reliable guidance so they have the chance to mature and become adolescent and young adult actors.

...the science behind the art of comedy...
How To Be A Stand Up Comedian and How To Write Comedy

Posts: 4 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
NDAs or CAs are becoming more common. Read on...

Please be aware that it is NOT a good idea to discuss specifics about any projects, auditions, callbacks, etc., on social networks, unless the production company has given you permission or instructed you to do so. It's best to always ask first for permission to speak freely about any projects, online or elsewhere! Specifics include the name of the project or product, time and location of the audition or project, and people's actual names who are involved.

More and more projects are now attaching a NDA/Non-Disclosure Agreement or CA/Confidentiality Agreement to their projects to be signed, due to the amount of information that is being discussed more openly on places like facebook, twitter and message boards like this one, before production is ready to release the information. Even if a NDA or CA is not signed, it is best not to say anything until the project information is officially released.

There are so many factors involved, i.e., spoilers, confidential marketing campaigns with time sensitive release dates, copyrights, confidential locations, privacy and security of actors, competing projects or companies, change in casting and search engines that can spread the written word like wildfire. The list goes on.

So, if you feel you have to say something and it is not listed for public viewing on an open casting site, printed in the trade papers, or already listed on IMDb, and you do not have permission from the production company, it’s best just to say, “Great news! I just booked or got a callback for a commercial (no product name) or major network drama or film (no title), but can’t say anymore, just yet. I'll keep you posted!” Then, when the project airs or is open for public discussion by permission of the production company, you can give more details.

- MIB -

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mominbiz for your always excellent advice. It's SO helpful to us newbies!

I've seen so much here and on PARF of parents asking about specific projects, if anyone has had CBs. So, you're saying this too shouldn't be happening?

Posts: 1 | Location: CT | Registered: August 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by starmom:
Thank you Mominbiz for your always excellent advice. It's SO helpful to us newbies!

I've seen so much here and on PARF of parents asking about specific projects, if anyone has had CBs. So, you're saying this too shouldn't be happening?
You're welcome, Starmom! We were all newbies at some point.

A far as discussing auditions and callbacks online and on social networks, it should be fine if everyone uses good judgement and keeps the specifics to a minimum. I know it's fun and natural to want to share experiences and gather info from others in the same situation and it's helpful to communicate with others who can relate and be supportive. I was just putting this out there, since it was brought to my attention by some respected industry professionals that there is an increase in NDAs and CAs, due to occasional leaks of info about project details or storylines being disclosed before intended. The audition process shouldn't be a problem to discuss if it has not been specified not to.

If the production company and/or its clients really want their project kept confidential, it's up to them and the actor's agent (if they have one) to make that clear. That is probably when they would have the actors and crew sign a NDA or CA.

- MIB -

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thank you soo much for posting this! I found this extremley helpful for myself being 14 and just starting out... I am homeschooled so I can be very flexible with my schedule which I love! I will definitly keep all of this info in mind as I move along in my career. Thanks!! Smiler

Posts: 3 | Location: Chicago | Registered: March 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut:
Thank you soo much for posting this! I found this extremley helpful for myself being 14 and just starting out... I am homeschooled so I can be very flexible with my schedule which I love! I will definitly keep all of this info in mind as I move along in my career. Thanks!! Smiler
You're welcome, Peanut! Wishing you good luck in your career! Smiler

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Back Stage Kids

http://www.backstage.com/bso/kids-teens/index.jsp

- MIB -