Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TEENS GETTING STARTED Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Goodmorning everyone, this is my first time on this site an Ive been reading all of the inspiring replys you give each other. Looking forward to talking to you all.

Posts: 1 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
Welcome 3 golden eggs!

mom of 3 in the biz

Posts: 351 | Location: NYC/NJ | Registered: November 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Yes, welcome 3 golden eggs! I'm fairly new to these boards too. Tell us about yourself!

Posts: 58 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: July 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Welcome from me too, 3 Golden Eggs. Fun name!

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 754 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Thank you Judy Kerr! Here's a link to an interview with an acting coach for beginning young actors on how to prepare for agent meetings and more, which can also apply to teen and adult actors. Woo hoo!
http://judykerr.com/vid-tracymartin.html

- MIB -

Posts: 754 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
bump

mom of 3 in the biz

Posts: 351 | Location: NYC/NJ | Registered: November 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for all this excellent advice. As it turns out I was just feeling down on myself about all the rejection, and your post was very uplifting.

Thanks again.

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of the stergin
posted Hide Post
Wow...
Thanks for all the extremely accurate info, I'll be looking at this again soon!

For Grandpa...

Posts: 2 | Location: Lakeland Fl | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the stergin:
Wow...
Thanks for all the extremely accurate info, I'll be looking at this again soon!

You're very welcome,The Stergin!

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JayBow:
Thank you so much for all this excellent advice. As it turns out I was just feeling down on myself about all the rejection, and your post was very uplifting.

Thanks again.
Hello JayBow! I'm so glad you found this thread helpful.

Sorry you were feeling down. That's very normal not only for actors, but especially for this time of year, following the holidays and literally having less exposure to the sun.

Hang in there and keep busy with other things like a hobby or other interests you have, while still pursing your love of acting. And as far as rejection goes (oh, how I dislike that word), think of auditions as a selection process. If you are right for the part, you are selected. If not, you just keep moving forward. Don't focus on the negative. Make every step a positive one. Just getting an audition in the first place is an achievement to be extremely grateful for. Each step is another step closer to your ultimate goal and no one can take that away from you. Smiler

All the best to you,

- MIB -

Picture of GeRaRD
posted Hide Post
quote:
com

Excellent! my kudos 4 u! lots of Qs clear!

Posts: 1 | Location: New York | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The posting is very imformative.

www.IGotUGGs.com
www.BehindtheApprovalMatrix.com

Posts: 1 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
An IMPORTANT must-read regarding JRP / John Robert Powers for all beginning actors and/or parents of beginning actors.

http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9611031/m/902106201

- MIB -

Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
BUMP

mom of 3 in the biz

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Jactressk, here is an excellent thread with first-hand behind the scenes information about IMTA.
Thank you Jactressk!

http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/922105/m/810103701

- MIB -