Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TEENS GETTING STARTED Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Mominbiz, Thank you very much for your help! I just love this site and how people are so helpful to each other, I'm so glad I found this place. If not, I'd be having no progress in my career.
And it really inspires me to go further and don't stop!

Posts: 4 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
You're very welcome, conq48! Good luck to you!

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 754 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Somuchtodo, here is a link to NY Acting Classes for child and teen actors.

http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/f.../9611031/m/898104331

- MIB -

Posts: 754 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Here is a special feature article in Back Stage on acting classes in LA. The list includes classes for young actors, as well.
http://www.backstage.com/bso/n...hes-1004078506.story

- MIB -

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Mominbiz
Do you know anything about Cynthia Bain's teaching?
Her website looks legit: cynthiabain.com

Posts: 1 | Location: california...roll  | Registered: April 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
BUUUUMP!

Posts: 1 | Location: california...roll  | Registered: April 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
Yikes..BUMP went down way tooo far!

Posts: 139 | Location: ny | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Hello! My name is Allison and I am 14 years old. I live in New York and I want to do TV/Film. Do I need an acting coach? How do I find auditions for movies or TV shows in NYC? Aren't they usually in L.A.? Also, I was wondering if I have a long enough resume. I've danced for 12 years, and took singing lessons for 3 years. I'm also going to start acting at local theatres for some acting experience. I don't know if this is enough. Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Location: New York | Registered: May 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allisonfearless:
Hello! My name is Allison and I am 14 years old. I live in New York and I want to do TV/Film. Do I need an acting coach? How do I find auditions for movies or TV shows in NYC? Aren't they usually in L.A.? Also, I was wondering if I have a long enough resume. I've danced for 12 years, and took singing lessons for 3 years. I'm also going to start acting at local theatres for some acting experience. I don't know if this is enough. Thanks!
Hello, Allisonfearless! If you have read through this entire thread you should be able to find most of your answers. You're starting as a tough age, so do as much as you can to gain experience through community theatre, school plays and student films, while submitting to the casting sites listed earlier.

- MIB -

Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 456 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Thank you! for taking the time to put all that info Smiler

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you use your own monolouge for an audition or do they give you one to read?

Posts: 1 | Location: orlando, florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pandapaula:
Do you use your own monolouge for an audition or do they give you one to read?
Hello pandapaula, and welcome!

Prepared actors should have a variety of monologues memorized and ready to present at a moments notice in case one is asked for at an audition. They should be age appropriate and range from dramatic to comedic. It is rare, if ever, that a monologue is given to an actor at an audition. Sides or copy may be given at an audition for a cold reading, but not a monologue. It's up to the actor to be prepared with a monologue, if requested.

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Child an teen agent list for LA, thanks to the PARF Board!

http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/f.../9611031/m/579101613

- MIB -