Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TEENS GETTING STARTED Login/Join

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
Hey Mominbiz! Hope everyone had a fun summer.

Busy biz summer behind the scenes work.

just came by to bump!

Posts: 139 | Location: ny | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I just completed my first year at Stagedoor Manor and I highly recommend it!

It was an incredible experience that I feel was one of a kind. I got cast in an incredibly challenging character in a really intense, dramatic show. I know it was the kind of show that I'd never be able to do at school, and I wouldn't be playing someone so much older than me in community theater.

I was so happy with my character and my show. My cast and my director were phenomenal. I made friends that are going to last me an entire lifetime. I adore them. Beyond just theater, we had so much fun.

I don't have money to throw around, but I think this was worth it. I hope I'll be able to go back next year, and if I do, I won't be too afraid to audition for Player's Ensemble and Dramafest. My recommendation for those who want to attend is to try for Players' Ensemble (for actors) or Out Time Cabaret (for those who sing and dance), and try for Dramafest or one of the master classes. I feel like you'll get more out of your experience. Don't be disappointed if you don't get into them - the competition is tough. But, in any case, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

The only person I met while there who didn't like it, was one girl who was a "film actress" and basically a party girl. Everyone else (as far as I know) had a blast. My only complaints are that the accommodations are not that great, and the food is nothing to get excited about, so bring snacks.

Posts: 26 | Location: Wonderland, New York.  | Registered: December 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great post Mominbiz. You're a wealth of information I'm going to read some more. :-)

Posts: 2 | Location: Perth Western Australia | Registered: September 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 485 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 32 | Location: So Cal | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This link no longer works. How can I read this info?

Posts: 1 | Location: Nashville, Tenn. | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
What link do you mean, Jeff?

The "getting started" info is in the first post on page 1 of this topic.

Posts: 485 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 494 | Location: Cortlandt Manor, NY | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
bump

Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
bump

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
I would like to congratulate Hailee Steinfeld on her all her awards and achievements so far, especially her Oscar nomination.

I would also like to congratulate her parents, who when Hailee told them she wanted to act, encouraged her to take acting classes for at least 1 year to see if she was still interested and THEN they would consider looking for an agent. Smart people! Smiler

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 756 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Posts: 756 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 494 | Location: Cortlandt Manor, NY | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
bump