Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TEENS GETTING STARTED Login/Join

Picture of newtothebiz
posted Hide Post
Thanks this was really helpful and slightly overwhelming. But I'm always told that I can make the most dreadful situations hilarious. So hopefully, I can do that in this business.

But I do have a question. I know the answer is probably yes but confirmation would be nice. Does looks have a lot to do with this business, height, weight, etc.?

No matter how hard, it's worth it.

Posts: 3 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: March 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
Picture of CSilvera
posted Hide Post
Yes--I think it's mainly looks, in terms of marketing, at least. But that doesn't mean one has to have a certain look; one just has to know what "type" one is and market accordingly.

Posts: 130 | Location: New York | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
BUMP for Aehoy92.

mom of 3 in the biz

Posts: 351 | Location: NYC/NJ | Registered: November 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 67 | Location: NYC | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of newtothebiz
posted Hide Post
What are some agencies in NY that would be good for teens getting started?

The closest book store to me only sells childrens books. So it's hard for me to get my hands on the Ross Reports.

No matter how hard, it's worth it.

Posts: 3 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: March 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
Picture of CSilvera
posted Hide Post
Ross Reports is at www.rossreports.com

If you read the children's thread, there are several lists of agencies geared towards kids. Unless your teen looks young, it's hard to get started---production prefers those who are over 18 who can play younger, for legal reasons.

Posts: 130 | Location: New York | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of amourvie
posted Hide Post
Bump

In my own little world.

Posts: 8 | Location: NY/NJ | Registered: March 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
bumpSmiler

Posts: 8 | Location: NY Metro (Westchester) | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of MYLIFEISacting
posted Hide Post
wow this really helps mominbiz thanks Razzer

Wishing is one thing. Doing is another.

Posts: -1 | Location: NY | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MYLIFEISacting:
wow this really helps mominbiz thanks Razzer

You're welcome, Mylifeisacting, even though you're sticking your tongue out at me! Wink

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 754 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 8 | Location: NY Metro (Westchester) | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bizmom
posted Hide Post
Looking for drama/acting classes for my dd(11) SOMEONE?????? in Los Angeles, CA
Eeker

Posts: 5 | Location: California | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bizmom:
Looking for drama/acting classes for my dd(11) SOMEONE?????? in Los Angeles, CA
Eeker

There used to be a list in the old Training forum, but that forum was deleted. I will try to find it on my other computer, when it's working! I know there is also a list of suggestions on the www.showfax.com board.

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 754 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
My DD wears glasses (she always picks out quite stylish ones) she has been thinking of getting contacts-but still is not sure. She really does like wearing glasses. Since we are still so new to this and do not really have anything other than community theatre under her belt would you recommend the contacts before starting out on all of this? Are glasses a hinderance?

Any comments welcome....Thanks!

Posts: 13 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Hi there, my 8 year old wears glasses but also has contacts. He has booked because he wears glasses but has also booked without them, so I think that's hard to say. I don't believe it's a hinderance as long as the CD sees in the childs pics they wear glasses. We actually have glasses and nonglasses pics and submit them appropriately.

My son went in to audition for a part and he said to me "I think this character would wear glasses" so he did, found out later the character actually did wear glasses in the script (was not noted in the sides) he did a great job and booked, because of the glasses? Probably not...but I think it helped to see him "in glasses" . Smiler

Posts: 57 | Location: NJ/NYC | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post