Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TEENS GETTING STARTED Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
bop to the top. hey newbies (btw, i am one too), check out the original post in this thread for everything you need to know to get started! thanks mib!!

Posts: 11 | Location: nyc | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Thanks again! Wink

As I try to update and get most of the info in one place, now I'm adding a link for
COVER LETTERS http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8011031/m/92710675
and
RESUME FORMATS http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8011031/m/24410001

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 756 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Wow, I must say, I'm a little wary of some posts on these boards because of my less-than-warm welcome, but I want to thank you guys for being so nice! I know this is a business where I can't expect people to be nice all the time, but politeness would be appreciated most of the time. Smiler

Anyway, I'm seventeen and I'm really quite frightened of being "on my own" after next year. Is this a groundless worry? I'm not afraid of traveling on my own or anything, but... well, I guess I'm just afraid of growing up. I always feel like I started too late (probably untrue- I started seriously at 13). What are some ways that I can make myself feel more secure about the future? I plan to go to college majoring in acting and minoring in linguistics or dramaturgy.

"Acting has always been a dream of mine, and I have to pursue it while I can." -Keira Knightley

Posts: 47 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Hi Thearre Lovr!

I'm glad you seemed to like this thread and the other kind people on this board.

As for you, you're going to be fine. As you take one step at a time, one day at a time, you'll gain confidence and things will come together and get easier. Everything takes time and please don't worry about thinking you started too late. There are no set rules or age limits. Just keep moving forward by doing the research and gaining experiecne and training.

GL! Smiler

- MIB -

Posts: 756 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
bump Smiler

Posts: 15 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
bump-check out the beginning of the thread.

thanks MIB

Posts: 29 | Location: ct | Registered: June 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
bump again

Posts: 29 | Location: ct | Registered: June 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow ._. nice advice xD thanks alot

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: March 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
BUMP!

mom of 3 in the biz

Posts: 351 | Location: NYC/NJ | Registered: November 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Bump

- MIB -

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
bump- see start of thread

Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
BUMP!

mom of 3 in the biz

Posts: 351 | Location: NYC/NJ | Registered: November 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bumping*

- MIB -

Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Bump!

Don't ever give up.

Posts: 140 | Location: NewYorkCity | Registered: April 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks looks good, helpfull
I am 15 and trying very hard to get in the biz.

Posts: 1 | Location: NEW YORK CITY | Registered: October 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post