Tools

TEENS GETTING STARTED Login/Join

Denzel Washington
Picture of momactress
posted Hide Post
quote:
More "bumping" for the newbies!

I'll see your bump & raise you a bump Wink :grin:

Posts: 19 | Location: NY | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Bumping for new Teens!

Posts: 872 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, you have very nice advice. I have a dream to become an acter, but i dont no where to take my first step, in which direction? If you could, would u be kind and help me...please.

Jason

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude this was a great guide

Posts: 1 | Location: Georgia Fulton, Atlanta | Registered: January 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Dude, thank you! Cool

Posts: 872 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Hi, Jason -

The best place to start is by gaining as much experience as you can. School plays, musicals (even if you don't sing), community theatre, local college plays (in most city colleges you don't have to be enrolled to audition), church plays, student films, etc. Get inolved anywhere you possibly can. Even if it's doing crew for a show. It's important to get a feel for the entire process. Take any acting classes that you can. You need to build a resume and experience and training are what casting directors and agents will be looking for.

Also, read, read, read. Several books have been suggested in this thread.

Keep at it. Keep moving forward. Don't think about it, just do it. If it's what you truly love to do, the time will fly as you gain more and more experience.

Enjoy! Smiler

posted Hide Post
Hello!
I am so impressed with the time and information you
have departed to the parents of young actors. My name is
Constance and I sit on the Board of the SAG Conservatory
as Director of the Youth Division. I wish to invite you
as a special speaker. Our parents in in LA are starving
for as much information as possible. It is my greatest
desire to provide them with it! Please let me know if you
are local and if it something we can arrange.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles CA | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of old_diva
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to give so much info. It is very helpful. I have a question for you. My daughter is 16 right now but will be 17 in May. She will graduate from high school two weeks later. She will be going off to college shortly therafter and I know she will want to start looking for work where ever she ends up. Unfortunately I will not be with her. She will not be able to sign for herself for ANYTHING, not hospital emergencies, not any kind of contracting for work or otherwise. She has done quite a few short or educatioal films in CT.but I was able to go with her. (we live in Rhode Island) I thought it would be helpful since she will be done with high school, for me to let her file to be emancipated but can't find an attorney in my state that knows about it or is willing to help me. One even asked me why I would want my child to be a ward of the state! I know my stat is small but come on???! Do you have any ideas? My daughter will be in school in either Ca. or Nashville. Should I just wait to find out what state she'll be in and try to file there? Thanks in advance for your insight.

Posts: 8 | Location: East Coast | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
Picture of CSilvera
posted Hide Post
They can't fax/email you what you would need to sign?

Posts: 130 | Location: New York | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of old_diva
posted Hide Post
I suppose they could. I just thought that it would make her life easier living so far from me to be able to take care of herself.

Posts: 8 | Location: East Coast | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
Bump! Also, Mominbiz - where are you?

Posts: 62 | Location: NY | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I'd also like to know how MIB is doing and if she is now going to get involved with SAG Conservatory.

As always, MIB, you are a great source of information and support.

I hope you and your family are happy & well.

We miss you!!!

Posts: 28 | Location: NYC | Registered: July 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of old_diva
posted Hide Post
I know I've asked this before and don't mean to be repetitive, but you have so much knowledge, I hoped you could help me with this. Do you know anything about emancipation? I know I could be faxed something if someone wanted to hire my daughter, but I don't believe anyone would hire a minor walking through the door without an adult. I have always gone with her to every audition, but when she goes off to college I will be far away from her and not able to accompany her. She will be only 17 her whole freshman year. It would also be a relief to me knowing that if she becomes ill in the middle of the night, she can sign herself in at the hospital. (One of the colleges that I spoke with assured me that there is someone in their health facility Mon.-Fri.from 8:30 am-5:30 pm) And they would sign for her. That doesn't make me feel better. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Julia Roberts
posted Hide Post
March bump..... Smiler

Posts: 186 | Location: NYC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*