Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TEENS GETTING STARTED Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Basically he just stood there with his "mom". They did list his name in the credits though.

Posts: 7 | Location: Southern California | Registered: September 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Half the people would say list it, half of the people would saw don't. If he is trying to get into acting, you should list your acting credits. Just like you don't include your print work on an acting resume. If he doesn't have any other credits to his name, you could include it, but you have to indicate what kind of role it is. "Featured" basically means "extra" so you could you that (but in LA it is frowned upon, doesn't mean that lots of people don't do it) . As soon as his resume grows I would though make sure it was deleted. JMO

Posts: 15 | Location: California | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info!!

Posts: 7 | Location: Southern California | Registered: September 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Hello, Hollywoodmom!

I know several child actors who have listed this type of credit on their resume when they were first getting started. They were also encouraged by their agent, until their resume grew and it could be deleted. I know a couple were listed as Featured (Young "leads name").

Was your child's name included by the production company in the credits on IMDb? His name may be there since he received a screen credit. If it was included there and since it was also in the screen credits, that makes it a little easier (with regards to add or not to add) to add it to the resume, at least for now.

It's really up to you, but if it were my child, I would go for it! If your child has an agent, then that would be something to discuss with them.

Congrats to your son!

Posts: 756 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi MIB,
Nice to "meet" you. My son's name is listed on the IMDb. It was such a small part, but as you can imagine we were all very excited. We didn't think he would be listed in the credits. Also, I have been told that a few years ago that small role would have been considered a princible role, but that production companies are now able to get away with calling it background. I don't know if that information is accurate. Anyway, he did about as much acting as Elle F. did in "I am Sam" and she received credit. Thanks for all of the valuable information you have posted. It has been very helpful. It is so generous of you to share with everyone!!
Hollwoodmom

Sean Penn
Picture of MOSHEMAE
posted Hide Post
That is still pretty cool. Atleast he is working. I feel so old and ancient! I am 15 years old!!! I still have not done a commercial yet. It seems like veryone else here has done commercials and stuff. I feel so old and inexpierenced.

Posts: 1 | Location: NY during summer and Boston during school year, USA | Registered: August 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you considered working as a background (extra) actor?
It will give you experience working, and occassionally people do get bumped up. Plus you do make a little bit of money. Here is the website for the agency we have used: http://kidsmanagement.com/kids.html.

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Kids Management only deals with kids in Southern California, unless they are willing to hop on a plane (which some do). Moeshe lives in the North East as I recall. But that is an excellent suggestion, he could try to do background in his neck of the woods, but it is harder at that age. They would rather higher an 18 :-( Sad but true!

Posts: 15 | Location: California | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoops! You are correct AndreaN. I shouldn't have assumed Moeshe lived in L.A.

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
I think it is important that when somebody asks a question on this message board, that they include the city where they are inquiring about/from, since things are sometimes different from city to city. You could be from Hollywood, FLA for all we know LOL

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
>>Wow this is real helpful. Grats on a brill post mate =)<<

Awww, thanks LF! Glad you found it helpful.

Posts: 756 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
>> I appreciate all the hard work you put into this post.

This is all a bit overwhelming at first Wink. <<

Glad to help. Yes, it can be overwhelming, and this is only the basics. There is so much more I could have written, so hopefully that will make it to the book I've been working on.

The key is to take it step by step, one thing at a time. Eventually, it all comes together and keeps on going.

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Nice to meet you too, Hollywoodmom! Glad to help when I can!

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
I would like to add an important item to this thread regarding being respectful of others and etiquette during a class or while in the waiting room for an audition - and this goes for parents, too.

In addition to not talking on your cell phone while in a room with other actors who are either in a class or concentrating on their lines for an audition, PLEASE, PLEASE don't think that text messaging is any quieter. I, myself, have recently been in a class and the waiting room of a casting office where people were text messaging. The constant clicking was EXTREMELY distracting and rude. PLEASE, take your business outside so as not to disturb others.

Thank you!!! Smiler

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
More "bumping" for the newbies!