home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Parents and Children  Hop To Forums  Child and Teen Actors, Singers, and Dancers    How to Catch a Monster: Role of Frankie
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to Catch a Monster: Role of Frankie Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure what the break down was we didn't learn about the film until the director of my son's drama program in brooklyn received an email from the casting directors assistant directly during 2nd week in March. She then forward me the email and I sent in audition video online through cast it the day it was due. They called us 3 times for a meeting, but like I said its been a full week and no word.

gail

Posts: 4 | Location: new york  | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
When we were there on Thursday last week they were saying a casting decision would be made in a week. So the lucky kiddo should be hearing shortly. My DS is 4y/o mixed but doesn't really look it... We also signed a waiver and they asked for ssn (I don't have his memorized and they said that was fine they could get it later. The other kid there that day was a few years older. They seemed o also like him but did mention the age was higher than they ideally wanted. We were day 4 of this round i think it was the last day(?) and i think they only saw a few each day. Who knows! It sure is going to be a great project for some lucky kiddo.

Posts: 64 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it was an experience. Good luck to you! We were in on Wed. I can't wait to see the film once its done.

Gail

gail

Posts: 4 | Location: new york  | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Just saw they finally cast the role of Bones. They were looking for Bones for as long as Frankie

Posts: 102 | Location: East Coast | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We submitted our tape a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately my ds wasn't feeling to great the morning we went to record it, so I'm not holding my breath, but GLTA! It seems like a great movie as well as opportunity!

Posts: 8 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Just saw they revised the role of Frankie again and now are looking for 2-3 year olds from Detroit area or within driving distance! This is one very long casting process..

Posts: 102 | Location: East Coast | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I couldn't believe it when I saw they had revised the role again! Do you think the "within driving distance of Detroit" is so they don't have to pay for housing and per diem? Shooting is supposed to start next week- like you said, ddds, crazy long casting process.

Posts: 17 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: April 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
How do you know they revised the
role? I also submitted my DS.

TIA!

Posts: 47 | Location: NEW YORK CITY | Registered: May 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Hi City Mommy-

I saw that the role was revised through Cast It Talent Facebook page- there is a link there to the movie's open call audition page (www.howtocatchamonstercasting.com). I also happened to talk to our agent a few days ago about something else, and she mentioned that they had received the revised breakdown as well. GL to your DS!

Posts: 17 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: April 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Thanks srcrothers5 Smiler

Posts: 47 | Location: NEW YORK CITY | Registered: May 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Frankie has been found according to jv8inc on twitter. This experience has been the absolutely worst mess of a casting experience I have ever been through!

Posts: 4 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Ha ha! Then you haven't been in the biz that
long! BTDT many times....Hannah Montana, True Grit, American Girl, Where the Wild Things Are....a number of others...all had similar casting processes. Oh and Eloise in Paris! That one finally found "Eloise" and then never filmed!

Posts: 588 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mom2enr, WOW! Didn't know I was posting here to get laughed at and have someone accuse me of not being in the business long and hear you brag about your audition experiences. Congrats to your daughters success. My daughter has been doing this for a while and I guess we have been fortunate enough to not have run into any chaos yet. You however don't even exactly know what we have went through the last month because I haven't told you, but I get the feeling that no matter what it is that it would be insignificant to you an yours. Good luck in the future.

Posts: 4 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Hardehe1, mom2enr has been posting here for ages and she's never been anything but nice. I don't think she was making fun of you, just this crazy business! Smiler

Posts: 217 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with Shipstress. Mom2enr has been nothing but gracious here with her experience and knowledge. I would be lost without her information and I am so grateful for her posts. Perhaps you read into this the wrong way Hardehe1.

We love you Mom2!

Posts: 525 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post