home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Parents and Children  Hop To Forums  Child and Teen Actors, Singers, and Dancers    How to Catch a Monster: Role of Frankie
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to Catch a Monster: Role of Frankie Login/Join

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Agree with NYGAL. Make a trip if you can as it's a great audition opportunity and who knows may be your DC will be the one. Good luck!

Posts: 102 | Location: East Coast | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
4boys, If they liked your taped submit enough to call you in for a live audition then go for it! Consider it a callback! Someone is going to land the role, why not your DS? Good luck!

Posts: 217 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Congrats, 4boys! Sounds like a callback to me, which is awesome for your DS! I hope you guys can make it and decide to go! Good luck and let us know how it goes if you decide to go!

Just an FYI, they were requesting tapes from all over, not just NY local kids. I think towards the end of the submission period they were asking for NY local only, but one of my DS got a request to submit a tape, and we live in Chicago, so definitely not NY local.

Posts: 17 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: April 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
The only reason they are asking for NY local is because producers for the film have been in NY for casting. The movie shoots in Detroit so I'm sure they don't give a hoot where the kiddo is from as long as he can spend 6 weeks filming in Detroit!

Posts: 217 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Couldn't agree with above posters more. Go for it! There is a good chance it will be a producers/directors session, and those always open doors for the future, so it's an amazing opportunity no matter what the immediate outcome. My dd was just up against a group where almost all had ff experience, and she did not. She ended up getting the role. No reason to think your ds will not be the one! Congrats!

Posts: 19 | Location: United States | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of Mommies2models
posted Hide Post
Gotta be in it to win it!!! GLWink

Posts: 15 | Location: White Plains, NY | Registered: July 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Thanks all! We a&r coming in, what funSmiler I think they wouldn't call us for an audition if they didn't think they liked his tape. He fits the breakdown perfectly so as you all say, who knows! We're driving half than taking a train in as we're dining a one day trip(unless they need to see him again). We're bringing the whole brood. We also took the opportunity to schedule w/a manager that wanted to see the boys. We're excited, we had so much fun last time. It's quite short notice and we had already started planning for coming down for Matilda call in April. We're looking forward to another fun whirlwind daySmiler)

Posts: 64 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't trying to be discouraging at all! You specifically asked if they were seeing a lot of people and from what I have seen they are so I was answering that question. Smiler I said you never know you could have "the one"--it's really ultimately a personal decision whether you want want to make the trip or not. Financially, academically etc as a parent you have to weigh it all-- that's all I was saying. I think if you can go GO--I think every shot you get is worth taking if you CAN. Good Luck!

Posts: 17 | Location: NY | Registered: March 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Detroit casting company was contacted by NY casting directors to bring in a lot of boys. I know they had a ton of boys in for auditions on Friday, Monday and Tuesday and other days this week. Good luck to everyone. So many cute talented little guys.

Posts: 4 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Our family had another great time in NYC. So much funSmiler this time we drove 1/2 than took the train in. This was DS first audition. There was one other boy(a bit older than my DS for Frankie who went before us. They seemed to really like him but said he is really a bit older than what they want(4) but who knows. My DS can usually be subdued and a little serious... Not this afternoon. He was in RARE form. Waiting for his turn he was so chatty(...not the silent film type they are looking for). I am not sure if it was all the time sitting(should of dragged him around the city a bit more firstWink Or that he just had a late lunch or that he was just excited. Anyway I heard lots of laughter from the room they were filming in(from what I can tell not really called for in the character). They made him really comfortable and he was having too good of a time. They were talking about the film schedule and they plan on making a casting decision within the week. When they brought him out I could tell they really wanted to like him. They told me he was great but didn't want to do the repetitive stuff. I asked DS and he said yes making faces is hard work. Than he joked with the other people there raukisly lauging ( they said his laugh was great and maybe they should rewrite the script w/Frankie as ahappy kid) They let me talk with DS a bit and asked he he wanted to try again. At first he said no he would like to go to the giant toy store...I gently reminded him why we were ther and he than asked if he could try again. They were game set up again and filmed him for another ten minutes. They were with him for about an hour total. Anyway I got the feeling they really wanted him to work, but he wasn't at all like the kid on the video audition(granted I wasn't in the room, maybe he was somber and serious some of the time...Wink also he was quite unfocused(yes normal for a 4 y/o but not really him). I think if his audition was like his tape he may have been the -one-. However the lunch he had must have been laced with uppers and I don't think the DS that showed up to the audition was the -one-. If they cast him and wanted that kid I'm not sure i could produce him! Such is life with a 4 y/o. We all had a lot of fun and are looking forward to our next trip down.

Posts: 64 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Wow! An hour sounds promising! I think having a jovial personality, even if the scripts calls for somber, is never a bad thing.

I love your attitude. Sounds like you are having fun with all and simply enjoying the ride. My feeling is the more a family enjoys the process without worrying about the end result, the more likely they are to have success!

GL and keep us posted!

Posts: 19 | Location: United States | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We sent in video audition and got called in for in person audition.my husband thought our son woul be too old and asked if they viewed video submission. They said yes that's why the were calling us. The also said that not many people got calls. We had our meeting with casting and signed a waver as well as submitting soc. we haven't heard a thing since wendsday. Our son is bi racial and 7.

gail

Posts: 4 | Location: new york  | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Oh that's wonderful. How tall is your dc?

Posts: 102 | Location: East Coast | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is 4' tall. My husband thinks that they are totally going to go with a younger kid. He called on Friday to find out what they did with the social security numbers because he was worried about identity theft and they said not to worry they put them in to their data base. Not sure what that means, but it was really cool that my little guy was considered.

G

gail

Posts: 4 | Location: new york  | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Their first preference was a biracial child and than they changed requirements several times since it seems they couldn't find what they were looking for. Good Luck, may be your dc is the one!