home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Parents and Children  Hop To Forums  Child and Teen Actors, Singers, and Dancers    How to Catch a Monster: Role of Frankie
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to Catch a Monster: Role of Frankie Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
posted
Has anybody's son submitted or auditioned for this? We just got a request for a self tape audition, which will be a first for us (auditioning by tape). Excited to for the opportunity to learn!

Posts: 18 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: April 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Several people I know got a request to submit their child in February but haven't heard back. The description was revised from Caucasian or bi-racial to bi-racial only. Good luck!

Posts: 105 | Location: East Coast | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Role was just revised back again to all types. They are accepting taped auditions and seeing kids in NYC next week.

Posts: 208 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
When did they revise it again?

Posts: 105 | Location: East Coast | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Not sure when they revised it agin, but they definitely are considering more than just bi-racial boys- my son is Caucasian with red hair and blue eyes.

Posts: 18 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: April 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
The mom is Christina Hendricks and they have yet to cast this character's 17-year-old brother. The red hair could be good for your DS, scrothers5!
He got the request from his agent today -- he's blonde with brown eyes. I said that I had read that it was changed to a bi-racial role and she said it was changed to all types again.
GLTA

Posts: 208 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Good luck to your DS too, shipstress! My DS is very young, (will be four in May) with no credits (just print work), so I know that there's basically no chance of moving beyond a taped audition, since I'm sure they will go for a boy at the top of the age range and possibly with some credits. I'm excited to learn about submitting by tape though, since we have never done that, and the fact that he was requested to submit (I'm assuming based on his red hair, since I knew about Christina Hendricks playing the mom) feels like a success to us! GLTA!

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Thanks shipstress. They are still looking for Frankie and seem to extend the deadline to March 22. Probably seeing kids and still accepting submissions

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
They just revised description again to 3-5 years.

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Hmm, so it seems that they would really prefer a younger boy- you don't see that too much. I have been assuming they will go with a 6-7 year old (which very well could still happen). When we received an email from the CD requesting a tape, she said the deadline was March 18th, but on the website it is March 22nd. Seems like if anyone else out there would like to submit their son they should do so ASAP!

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
My son was called in for an audition for Monday - he is 3 1/2.

Posts: 54 | Location: New York | Registered: June 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
In the script, Frankie is 4.
The last casting on AA also called on twins ages 3-5.
Anything could happen if they like your kiddo! GL!

Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
For those of you going in NYC, are you going into your agencies to tape, or are you going to the cd office?

Posts: 172 | Location: New York | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
My ds is going directly to casting.

Posts: 48 | Location: New York | Registered: March 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of Skybrook
posted Hide Post
Anyone in La hear anything after submitting their video submission?

Posts: 3 | Location: Westhills | Registered: March 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post