Find
Notify
Tools

Pilot season Login/Join

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, she is legal 18.

There have been a number of things for legal 18 teen girls.

Posts: 341 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was expecting to get things going by mid January and nothing. I am hoping that things pick up soon.

Usually doesn't pick up until after Sundance (so February) and the kids are usually after the adults.

Posts: 341 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mom2enr:
quote:
Yes, she is legal 18.

There have been a number of things for legal 18 teen girls.

Maybe for your daughter, not for mine....ethnicity/look does have a lot to do with it!

Posts: 257 | Location: LA | Registered: July 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Just having looked at the BD's there have been a number of them for caucasian 14-18 year old girls...at least 5-6. I haven't been paying any attention to ethnic calls, sorry.

posted Hide Post
Sorry I'm new but what is a BD?

Posts: 21 | Location: Los angeles | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
BD is short for breakdown or a description of what the casting is looking for. For example, caucasion boy 10-12.

Posts: 214 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where do you see these BD's?

Posts: 21 | Location: Los angeles | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Typically they are only accessible to agents and managers. It's what they use to submit you to casting for projects. They will usually send you the breakdown of the character when they send you an audition.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Has it picked up for anyone yet? We had a couple of commercial auditions, but no pilots.
I have 6 yr old twin boys and we are in Los Angeles.

Posts: 41 | Location: los angeles | Registered: August 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twin mama:
Has it picked up for anyone yet? We had a couple of commercial auditions, but no pilots.
I have 6 yr old twin boys and we are in Los Angeles.

My daughter who is 16, legal 18 had a pilot audition last week, but that's it so far.

Posts: 257 | Location: LA | Registered: July 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My DD (5-7) has had two pilot auditions. She's pretty successful with booking commercials, but she has had zero auditions in the past few weeks.

Posts: 10 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
same here, a couple commercial but no pilots.

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My dd who is 8 but can play 5-8 has had two pilot auditions two auditions for tv shows that are currently airing and a few commercial auditions. It has been very busy for Chicago kids. Last year we were so slow and this year, a huge difference.

Posts: 51 | Location: Illinois | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
Picture of Kouklaface
posted Hide Post
There was a link that was sent to me from another mom we see at castings all the time. You can read the whole article on Children in Film. We have been on several commercial auditions but nothing for pilot season...

When is Pilot Season?
Traditionally, Pilot Season begins around January and runs into April, at which point the networks will start to pitch their shows to possible advertisers. (It’s the advertisers, after all, who enable the networks to monetize their investment.) However some would argue that Pilot’s are now being produced year round. So, we asked ChildrenInFilm.com’s Advisory Board member Carol Lynn Sher, Senior Agent at Cunningham, Escott, Slevin & Doherty (CESD) in Los Angeles, whether Pilot Season still lives. "Yes, the major networks have their January-March pilot time frame and must deliver their slate at the Upfronts," said Carol. This drives the urgency of pilot season for the major networks. Some cable networks, notably, Disney Channel and Nickelodeon, develop pilots throughout the year including now during traditional pilot season."

How is 2014 pilot season shaping up?
Some years have more to offer for child actors than others and the 2014 season looks comparatively bleak for pilots that include kids. "I sat with the grids (a spreadsheet of current pilots)," Carol Lynn Sher told ChildrenInFilm.com. "Unfortunately, there are very few roles for kids this year. I would say fewer than 5% of the new pilots contain parts for kids. Most of the new pilots are dramas, crime stories, courtroom settings, and Zombies shows. There are precious few family situational comedies (sitcom’s) with parts for children."

Posts: 57 | Location: Yorba Linda | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
I have to say that is less frustrating than reassuring. It's just the nature of the business to have fewer roles some years for children - I'd rather that than lots of roles, but DD isn't being asked to be seen!

Posts: 68 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post