Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The intern Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I'm just wondering if they favor live auditions rather than taped? We're new to this business and our manager hadn't notified us of any live auditions. So we took it upon ourselves to send in the tape.

Posts: 14 | Location: NJ | Registered: October 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My dc's first time ever on tape was a mass call like this one. Kids were seen live in both LA and NY. She went to director's/producers' session from the tape, so it can happen.

But in general, I think live kids have an advantage, especially when they are seeing a large number in person. For longer scripts, in-person contenders do need to memorize more thoroughly, but I think that is offset by the creative team being able to interact with a child and see his/her personality.

Posts: 54 | Location: United States | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know when the callbacks are planned for?

Posts: 66 | Location: NYC | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
There is no timeframe for callbacks. They will continue first calls while having callbacks until they find the kid

Posts: 80 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do any of you live in L.A? Just wondering if there are many castings for student short films in the summer months.

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I'm laughing at the number of views for this thread since it's over 4,400 so far. I think I've stalked this thread over 200 times.

Posts: 32 | Location: East coast | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Any cb's yet?

Posts: 48 | Location: NYC | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing. We submitted on the last day of open calls...

Posts: 14 | Location: NJ | Registered: October 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Nothing yet. We went in a few weeks ago after the self tape.

Posts: 32 | Location: East coast | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We did the self tape after seeing the call online. I would have preferred a live initial audition, but we are not working w/ a manager/agent...My DD is a very small 6yr old with big blue eyes and a blond bob.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Any news?

Posts: 80 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing. It was the 1st time doing a taped audition and the video was extremely amateur! I really would have preferred a live reading, but not sure it's possible w/o a manager to set that up...

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Cb's went out.

Posts: 48 | Location: NYC | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
There will most likely be many groups of cbs. Congrats if you got one.

Does any know if Anne is official?

Just my opinion but they will go with a 4-6 yo - not an 8 yo but you never know. Some 8s are very small. Dd is small but does not remote look 4 anymore - last year maybe. They could change it.

GLTA

Posts: 464 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Did you get a cb or did you hear they were out?
I agree, probably groups of cb's.