Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Girls audition Login/Join

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Dance Diva's Mom I am in the same situation you are. DD too tall but now that more calls... this is so stressful!

Posts: 108 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Oh, mamas...if it makes you feel any better, my daughter made it very close to the end for the role of Matilda in the original cast... last October! She is almost 4'8" now (and not really a dancer), yet I STILL read this thread and feel that same (irrational, in my case) glimmer of hope that she might still get a call... Smiler Such a crazy business, especially for Mommies!! Good luck to everyone still involved...

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any insight on the difference between the 11/11 call back and the 11/17? I know for 11/17 they have been given three vocal selections to prepare and will be learning choreo (seems like dance first sing second.) Was that how 11/11 was?

Posts: 17 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am now wondering the same; are any of these 'new' callbacks from the Oct dance auditions girls who did not get to sing that day?

Posts: 9 | Location: NY | Registered: November 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity - what is the number in Matilda requiring kneepads? I don't remember any of the kids wearing kneepads when we saw it, but it was a long time ago.

Posts: 7 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 'Phys Ed' dance is what they ask them to bring knee pads for.

Posts: 17 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TTTC:
Any insight on the difference between the 11/11 call back and the 11/17? I know for 11/17 they have been given three vocal selections to prepare and will be learning choreo (seems like dance first sing second.) Was that how 11/11 was?

I would like to know the same thing. And any news since either of these callbacks? Smiler

Posts: 8 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
11/17 was dancing then singing. Two groups. Group 1 learned 2 dances, then everyone came back and sang 2 songs. I don't know about other groups/days. Callbacks to be informed no later than 12/7.

Posts: 79 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Had anyone been called back in for the role of matilda?

Posts: 186 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The four new Matilda's will be starting in December. They have a year contract.

Posts: 16 | Location: No | Registered: May 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
our group from 11/11 was dancing and then singing as well (2 dance combos and provided songs)

Posts: 7 | Location: new york | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any news from 11/11 or 11/17 callbacks?

Posts: 9 | Location: NY | Registered: November 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
nothing here yet

Posts: 79 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HI.. Did anyone get any callback from 11/11 for dancers.. My daughter was in group 1... I know Nora mention the callbacks were going to be done before Thanksgiving..

Posts: 3 | Location: New york | Registered: November 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Callbacks for ensemble kids have been offered, and are on 12/9.

Posts: 47 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post