Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Girls audition Login/Join

posted Hide Post
girls2, how tall is your DD?

Posts: 6 | Location: California | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
4'9 -I know very tall for this show but it was a great experience.

Posts: 108 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, my email says that the Group 1 sign in is at 10, starts at 11.

Posts: 9 | Location: NY | Registered: November 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
girls2, my DD is 4'8 1/2", so I'm wondering if too tall...so would love for her to at least get to go to the callback! I wonder how tall casting is considering (seriously) for ensemble roles.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Posts: 6 | Location: California | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My DDs agent said they weren't considering anyone over 4'8" for the ensemble cast. She made it through several rounds of callbacks the past two rounds, but grew to 4' 10" recently. They kept her through both dances and had her sing at the end at the most recent dance call so I held out a little hope, but with not hearing anything at this point I think it's over. If your DD is only 4' 8 1/2" maybe she has a chance? GLTA!!

Posts: 64 | Location: US | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Dance Diva's Mom, for your reply. I think we are out...not to mention the difficult dancing! (We haven't heard anything.)

posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard if any boys were called back? I don't see anything on the "Matilda Boys audition" page.

Posts: 2 | Location: northeast | Registered: October 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I know of at last one boy who was going today.

Posts: 79 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All! Any insight from the 11/11 callback?

Posts: 9 | Location: NY | Registered: November 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently new callbacks are still trickling in. Anyone have an appt for a date after 11/17?

Posts: 14 | Location: ny | Registered: September 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Buffy, when you say new callbacks, are these for kids that weren't at the 11/11 or scheduled for 11/17 callbacks or are these new callbacks for kids that were already called back on 11/11?

Posts: 64 | Location: US | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was referring to a friend whose dd was at the dance audition in October and who just received her first cb for 11/17.

Posts: 14 | Location: ny | Registered: September 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@buffy - do you know if your friend's DD was asked to sing at the first dance call/audition? I'm just wondering if any girls from the dance call were called back who were NOT asked to stay and sing the first time. Anyway, good luck to your friend's DD, and GLTA!

Posts: 8 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I thought that the kids who sang at the dance call were ones who (a) didn't go to the singing call and (b) were from out of town. Yes/no?

Posts: 79 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Lanagator, you are correct. My DD did not go to the singer call and is from out of town. She stayed through both dance combos and sang at the end. She has not been called back this time, we got word she is too tall so we aren't expecting to hear anything. But I guess I hang on to that little glimmer of hope everytime I hear that callbacks are still going out. I know, I know - should let it go and move on! GLTA!!