Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Girls audition Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
We went Saturday, fairly crowded, I think they only were seeing up to number 175? Then stopped. We were in first group after the equity kids. They were very nice,very friendly and my dtr had a great experience and made some new friends waiting and a feels she had good audition. No word on cb or if or when they might be.

Posts: 26 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Any news on callbacks?

Posts: 33 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
My daughter was asking today if there were any call backs.. anyone?

Posts: 30 | Location: connecticut | Registered: May 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We haven't heard anything. We are new to this - don't callbacks usually happen earlier? So I assume no news is bad news?

Posts: 2 | Location: New Providence, NJ | Registered: February 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone hear anything?

Posts: 9 | Location: NY | Registered: November 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our agent told us no callbacks for anyone yet!

Posts: 2 | Location: new york | Registered: May 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
My recollection is that these callbacks are always slow to come out. No particular rush on their end...

Posts: 68 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump Smiler

Posts: 9 | Location: NY | Registered: November 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They just replaced the 4 Matildas and they also just swapped out some of the ensemble. It's not likely that callbacks will happen until late spring.

Posts: 11 | Location: USA | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the girls but my son was at the boys audition yesterday and we were told by Nora that callbacks would be in May the earliest.

Posts: 1 | Location: Bronx | Registered: March 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
we were at the boys call yesterday as well, didn't hear anything about when callbacks would be but assumed May because there's still another open girls call next month.

Posts: 73 | Location: nj | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
any thoughts on going to both- singers who dance and dancers who sing? we did the singers who dance, and my dtr is a better singer but thinking of going. wonder how difficult the dance is and if they will get to sing too?

Posts: 26 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
lil'bea, I can tell you that at the boys call, they do both in one day because there are many fewer boys that show up. They expect the boys to do both. Even though on the audition notice it doesn't state they should do both, once you get there Nora makes it seem like there's only the option to do both if you're really interested. I would say just about everyone if not everyone who came for the singing call stayed for the dance call, and a few new boys came in the afternoon just for the dance call so I guess if they like them they will have them come back to sing at some point. I would say go to the dance call if for nothing else for experience.

Posts: 73 | Location: nj | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Moms. My daughter was at the chorus call in February as we'll. no call backs. My guess is that they have the dance audition 4/27. They will have to wait at least until they are done. I would say May is probably a safe bet.
I will say it was very we'll run and organized. I believe They only accepted 175 kids for non equity. My daughter was 153. whew ! And we were there at 8:30am.
Best of luck to all

Posts: 22 | Location: Westchester county, NY | Registered: March 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 33 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post