home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Parents and Children  Hop To Forums  Child and Teen Actors, Singers, and Dancers    Celebrity Ghost Stories - Good or Bad?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Celebrity Ghost Stories - Good or Bad? Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
posted
Hi, everyone. I got a call to audition for Celebrity Ghost Stories on the Bio Channel. I looked up a few episodes and got an idea of what I would be doing if cast. I'd be creating a celebrity's flashback to his or her encounter with a "ghost". This is technically reality TV, which I know is looked down upon in some cases, but I will be acting... Is this a good project to invest my time in? I've done many student films and shorts, but I haven't done any television work yet and am very much just starting out.
Help?
ThanksSmiler

Posts: 29 | Location: New York | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Do it! You will get imdb credit. It's not like background work. Good luck!

Posts: 27 | Location: new york | Registered: March 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Please do it. DD worked on it as did many people we know and everyone has had a great experience and we have NEVER had anyone say anything negative about her appearing on the show. It seems to be a very common stepping stone for actors of all ages. Have fun!

Posts: 64 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for all the feedback! I'm really excitedSmiler

Posts: 29 | Location: New York | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
DD has worked on this two times, plus got asked to do their new show - The Haunting of....She had a blast all three times and it was probably one of the best set crews I've ever met. They are fantastic and it's a great learning experience and tons of fun!

Posts: 136 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your DD! Is there anything I should keep in mind for the audition? I know it's all improv.

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I too have heard great things.Congrats and Good Luck!!

Posts: 20 | Location: Ny | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
If the cd is still Lesley, she is super nice. Just go in there and let go. Dont hold back. Have fun and break a leg!!!

Posts: 64 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I agree. Do it. My DS did Celebrit Close Calls and had a great time. And IMDB credit.

Posts: 2 | Location: NY | Registered: January 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's all improv, which to me, is great for younger kids. Really lets them shine and be themselves. DD loved the auditions almost as much as the shoot. And yes, Lesley is super nice (as is her entire crew). GL and have fun!

Posts: 136 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Allison Goodman is now the CD. I hear she's equally nice. She was also the CD for Law and Order..Special Victims Unit I believe.

Posts: 20 | Location: Ny | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice everyone! I went on the audition a few hours ago. The CD was so sweet and hopefully I'll get a call!

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
we were called in too. pretty excited about it as it's one of our favorite shows and we watch it regularly.
Good luck to everyone!

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
That's great, good luck to you and your DC! Let us know if you hear anything!

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
All of this is nice to here I just submitted my son. Now I hope he gets it!

Posts: 31 | Location: connecticut | Registered: May 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post