New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heaven is for Real Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Hi,
You have to be a paid member of backstage to see the video submit info and open call info. Does anyone that has access mind cut and pasting that here?

Posts: 47 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Thank you shipstress! Your bear comment made me laugh. Susan Holbrook and her asst'nt Ivan were extremely nice. After my little one warbled out Amazing Grace, one and a half pages of script from memory....then they asked him what his idea of heaven would be like. So after it was all said and done, great job yadda yadda.. at the LAST NANOSECOND..they said, OH...uh... when will Julian be 6? I then caught a feeling that when we replied Sept 13th, it was most likely a done deal. Never the less it was a good experience for him.
In addition, we were asked at 11:00amish on Monday to come in on Monday at 3:00pm!!! UGH. I felt that only 4 hours was simply not enough time for a 5 year old to prepare to sing a song, memorize sides and contemplate the nature of heaven. So I informed them that, sorry, in as much as we would like to audition...we could not do so on the spur of the moment and so they invited us to come in on Weds. Very cordial, accommodating individuals and of course would love to work with them. However, I do get the feeling that even though they auditioned numerous, very talented 5 year olds they are looking for a 6 year old or older to play the role of Colton. On to the next.

Posts: 110 | Location: kids page | Registered: February 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I don't think you have to be a paying member of AA to see the open calls when they release it

Posts: 68 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Have they started seeing girls yet in NY? Any open calls for the sister role? We submitted through AA but haven't heard anything.

Posts: 46 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My DS went in for audition in Chicago last week. He's older (7), but short. They asked him what he thought about Heaven, in short, what do you need to get in, and he said, "Well, you don't need to necessarily be like the best person in the world to get in, but you can't be like a serial killer either." LOL

Fingers crossed for CB.

Posts: 3 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
NYCkid... when my ds read on Weds, I saw a lot of sign ins to audition for the role of "Cassie." Is she the sister?
Hey....More Cowbell, the serial line answer is hysterical. When they asked my 5 year old son what he thought heaven was like he said, " A nice place... a fun place, where I can eat all the candy I want!" Kids! The casting director in NY informed us the callbacks are currently being mulled over by the movie Gods in LA!

Posts: 110 | Location: kids page | Registered: February 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
My dd was asked to submit a video for Cassie this week. Where are they seeing in person Cassies? GLTA!

Abcd

Posts: 118 | Location: nyc | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My DD was asked to self tape today for Cassie. No in person audition for us. GLTA!

Posts: 4 | Location: East Coast | Registered: July 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Also got self tape request today!

Posts: 11 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Last Weds in downtown NYC in person auditions were being held for the role of Cassie. Sounds like they are still looking though so GL.

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Just curious... Were the girls asked to tape for Cassie on the older end of the breakdown (7-10 to play 8)? Just trying to feel better as to why my 8 year old (size of a 6 year old) was not asked Smiler

Also, CCCC, I sent you a PM about something else. Not sure if you saw it.

GLTA. Sounds like a good project!

Posts: 51 | Location: United States | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Here's a bit of info from the open call in Cleveland regarding ages. Good luck everyone!

Greater Cleveland Film Commission
*UPDATE* SONY is looking for 5 -7 year old boys, not 5-8 year olds.

SONY PICTURES BEGINS CASTING SEARCH! Only boys between 5-7 years old will be considered. Full details on our BLOG!! http://clevelandfilm.com/blog2/

Posts: 170 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My dd is 10.

Posts: 11 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
My daughter is 9. Sent video yesterday per agent's request. Curious why no in person audition if they were doing them in NYC.. Oh well. Seems like they have been looking all over for a while. Question: How long on average does it take to hear about cb for features?

Abcd

Posts: 118 | Location: nyc | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for the info!

As for CBs, my DD has had them for three diff big budget films. One she got about 48 hrs after submitting on tape, to meet about another 48 hours later. She did not book. The other two she did book. For one she was invited back at the first meeting (but it was more of a direct book situation -- she was the only one seen for the role, but they wanted her to work in something before offering it to her). For the third film, the CB came almost two weeks after her first audition. And a second CB for that same film about another two weeks later. I researched during that time and was told one-two weeks is the norm. More than two weeks, and its unlikely one will hear again. But it is a crazy business, and there are always stories of outliers!

GL

Posts: 51 | Location: United States | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post