Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heaven is for Real Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Just saw on Backstage this morning they are having an open call for the boy role in NYC on the 20th.

Posts: 42 | Location: NJ | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Yes and 6yo + guess they are going older. We don't have a boy but I saw that as well. Open call I think so anyone can send in. Go to the backstage site.

Posts: 443 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Has anyone gotten a cb yet for Colton? Also, has anyone gone out for Cassie?

Posts: 6 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of Lochness68
posted Hide Post
I did not hear anything about callbacks yet - I know the auditions were last week a I heard there is an open Call?.. Now this is for NYC. Anybidy knows anthing about callback dates?.........

Posts: 82 | Location: New York | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard either. Open call in NYC is this Sat (and they held an "open call" in Toronto last Sat)-all different CDs listed from who DS saw in LA. It was announced yesterday that Kelly Reilly will play the mom. In the Toronto notice they also said boy to play Colton must be 6 by June (which makes sense since hours change at 6).

Posts: 101 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Is it often that people book from open calls?

Posts: 6 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
My ds is auditioning for the role of Colton on Weds. He was requested by Susan Holbrook one of the casting directors and he is only 5 years old. Now why in the would she/they request him if they are looking to hire a 6 year old? This biz is KRAY!! Its all good though.... if they want an older child then I will view this audition as a good learning experience for my little one!

Posts: 106 | Location: kids page | Registered: February 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Mommabear, 6 is just more of an "ideal" age for child actors because they can work longer hours on set. So their wishlist would be a 6 year old but if they really like the kid they will work around the age restrictions. That's cool that the CD requested your little bear!

And yes, cbskids, some bookings do happen from open calls if the directors haven't found what they're looking for in the current talent pool. They go through the agents and submit sites first. But it doesn't mean that anyone who submitted previously is out of the running, it just means they are casting a wider net.

We didn't try out for this one-- I just don't see my DS being able to carry a film of this magnitude. But good luck to your kiddos who have submitted!

Posts: 30 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My son auditioned this week and he is 5 and will not be 6 until the winter and he was asked to be seen by the casting director so even though they say "6" I think they will see/hire whoever they think is "best" regardless. My thought when I saw the open call post after our audition was set to happen was that maybe they weren't getting what they needed from the 4/5 yr olds, but who knows really. This biz is nuts. Smiler

Posts: 20 | Location: New York | Registered: August 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
my dd (7 1/2) is going for a first read today in LA for cassie.

Posts: 9 | Location: United States | Registered: May 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Ocland, congrats on the audition. How many days did they give you to prepare?

Princess K

Posts: 77 | Location: SF | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
ive known abt it for a week or so but just got sides tuesday i think. not very many lines though.

Posts: 9 | Location: United States | Registered: May 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Just curious... For those w kids who were asked to read for either role, were any asked to do so off an AA self submit alone, or did the agents pitch? If the former dud they go thru Eco cast or the agent? Just wondering if I should get ours involved. Thanks!

Posts: 13 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
ours was through our manager, but i have a friend who self submitted through AA and her DS got an audition.

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thanks Oclane. You rock!

Posts: 13 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post