Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I agree with mom2enr about the terminology thing. And that's what I was wondering about the boys. We know several boys who've been called back, but no girls. I'm just wondering if it's the same time frame with boys and girls.

It's commonplace for more girls to submit than boys and since there are 3 main boys to be cast and only 1 main girl, I imagine the need is great. It was the "boys who look like quadruplets" thing that I was questioning. Because this boy is only 4 feet tall, and the brother described on the Dawn sides is 5'5". It made me wonder, do they even look at the stats first before calling them in? I mean, if he was just a regular brother and not of the same age, it'd be no big deal, but this kid is shorter than my son was when he was 12 and he was the smallest in his entire school. I would just hope that as my daughter is considered for things, that they will look at her stats to make sure we're not going to something where she is a foot and a half different than the character they're describing.

As for the CA flying in thing, I never said the boy was from CA. We are, but we have residences in more than one state, and it's out of state where this boy attended my DD's acting class. He was chosen to be part of the talent development group because he can play YOUNGER.

I think the script is very enjoyable and funny. I was laughing as my daughter was just reading through it the first time. I will be watching the show regardless of who's cast. We're hoping that one of the boys cast will be another we know from acting class who's already been to L.A. for that part. He's a very good actor, and though he's 11, he can totally pass for 12. He and my DD were asked if they were brother and sister when they were attending some CD meetings a while back.

Anyway, I have a lot of questions, and I've noticed as I've tried to express several all at once, without taking up too much space, my organization of what I'm trying to say makes it a little confusing to follow, as evidenced by some of the replies. So, AnonYmous, how long was it from submission till you were notified about going to LA?
If anyone had girls go, how long was it for them from submission to notification? My agent said my DD is the only girl she submitted because no one else was good enough nor to that point yet. The little boy was her only submission for the boys. Agent said we still have a window open. I'd just like to get an idea of what that window is. Thanks.

Posts: 9 | Location: CA | Registered: November 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DD submitted the end of October. Then they contacted our manager regarding her saying they didn't want her to get lost in shuffle. Then they contacted her about a week ago asking DD's location. My agent thought that was a good sign, because why would they ask for her location if they weren't interested in her? But I was wondering if that was just standard with these CDs. Any thoughts, anyone?

Posts: 9 | Location: CA | Registered: November 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
No it's not standard. Them asking was a good sign =). They don't have the time to follow up on every submission like that so be happy. I wouldn't take it as any definite sign of things to come, but I would take it as evidence of some interest.

As for the sizes/age thing.... They have been bringing back to producers lots of kids who look 7 and 10 and 13. Your friend was NOT the only 6-ish looking kid there. Often times the age on the BD is more of a guideline than a defining feature. I fully believe they care more about four siblings who look like they could be "TV" quads (we all know siblings/twins/etc who look nothing alike, but on TV they don't often recognize that! Especially kids networks.). They'd prefer it if those quads look 12ish but if they find the perfect set and they look 8 or 10 I think that would take precedence.

Posts: 395 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
DS was just asked to submit audition over the weekend (took them over a month to request audition) Thought it was weird he would get asked now with them being so close. They did mention they were seeking out Ricky & Dicky. I'm thinking he must look similar to what they are asking for at this time for them to request so late in the process. Not expected to hear anything after submitting his audition. He had several issues come up this weekend and was barely able to pull off the audition but its always nice to be requested Smiler

Posts: 52 | Location: East Coast | Registered: August 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm chuckling as I think of the possibility of the TV mom telling 8 year old Dawn that she's becoming a woman... Great responses! Thank you so much! This was exactly what I was looking for...

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Anyone hear anything new about this one?

Posts: 35 | Location: Midwest | Registered: October 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Still looking for Nicky. Rereleased a new BD thru Actors Access changed age to 10. Some chemistry reads earlier this week and more scheduled for Friday.

Posts: 395 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are all of them around 10 now, or just the Nicky role?

Posts: 9 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
The new breakdown for Nicky mentioned the quads being 10. Appears they are going younger than they originally were.

Posts: 52 | Location: East Coast | Registered: August 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what aged kids were at the chemistry read?

Posts: 35 | Location: Midwest | Registered: October 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Help! I sure hope someone is nice enough to help me on this. Just now, my son received an invite to audition on Tues for Nicky. We live in DC, don't have an agent to guide us. Do we fly there or just self-tape? I have no idea how "serious" this is. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. He just started working in January, but has been very busy in NY with diff. projects w/out an agent, so we haven't really pursued it. Wishing I had one now!! Many thanks!

Posts: 4 | Location: NY | Registered: November 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
These are auditions - if you have the financial resources to travel across country to LA for an audition, sure, go. The breakdown reply DID say something to the effect of taping if the client is out of town, yes? I am assuming you got a CMAIL based on a submission you sent in off of Actors Access.

Posts: 106 | Location: New York | Registered: September 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes to cmail, actors access and saying you could tape. Just didn't know if self taping was looked down upon and if I should try and cash in frequent flier miles. Excuse my ignorance, but when you say these are auditions.........do you mean maybe we should tape and then consider flying in, if they were then still interested in him? Sorry for so many questions!

Posts: 4 | Location: NY | Registered: November 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I see where they just re-released R,D & D on Actors Access.

posted Hide Post
I know! What the heck is going on?!?!