Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
My DD and I just went to see the show in previews last night. It was terrific! I think it will have a long run!

Posts: 88 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi! Has anyone heard anymore information about April callbacks? Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: April 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know when they will be calling girls in again from the April 7th callback for role of Matilda? Thanks! Smiler

Posts: 2 | Location: ny | Registered: April 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
x

Posts: 20 | Location: New York | Registered: August 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Just got word from my DD's agent, she auditioned last Feb, callback is May 14th at Chelsea Studios.

Posts: 10 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
HELP!!! My DD's manager is asking that she try out for Matilda. My concern is that she is younger and also MUCH shorter that what they are looking for and with no dance background. She has had some acting classes and she has a sweet voice but is untrained. This is a very good manager in the industry, but is it really worth attending this audition???

Posts: 2 | Location: New York City  | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Ohmpeace, if you are in NYC, then why not? Perhaps your manager sees something in your daughter that she thinks is right for this project. If it doesn't pan out, and you haven't shelled out a ton of cash to travel to the audition, then why not go have the experience?

Posts: 47 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
Why on earth WOULDN'T you go? If she gets the part, great! If she's too young or small, they'll still get to see her audition and they'll have her headshot/resume and may keep her in mind for future (both with Matilda and other shows). It's a chance to get in front of a casting director, which is a wonderful opportunity.

Posts: 484 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Stage Da! Is your DDs callback for singer or role of Matilda? Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: April 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thanks Onmyown! She did the February call for singers, she's too tall for Matilda.

Posts: 10 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Yay! My dd just got a callback from the February open call. Don't give up if you haven't heard!

Posts: 61 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Hi! I am wondering if anyone whose daughter was involved in callbacks for the role of Matilda back in October has been called in again, either for Matilda or for an ensemble role? My daughter made it pretty far in the process, although I am fairly sure there was one more day of callbacks after her final day... We have no experience with this, so I'm wondering how common it is to just be called again for the next round, or if we need to attend open calls and/or chorus calls in order to show interest? I'd appreciate any thoughts on this - thank you!

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
ZenMom, a bunch of kids have been called back in for May who initially made it to the final callbacks in October. Some heard last week, and some heard today. If you don't hear this week, I'd say go back to the ECCs.

Posts: 47 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Zen mom, take two: I just realized you were talking about the role of Matilda. I was talking about ensemble children. I don't know about matildas.

posted Hide Post
Are they calling or sending an email for those kids with no agent/manager?

Posts: 10 | Location: NY | Registered: March 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post