Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadway Bound7:
I heard today from our agent that my DD has a callback. They said it will most likely be in April but no details were given yet.

Congrats!! That's wonderful.

We were not able to make it to this February's open call. Do you think there will be another call before the April callbacks? If I recall correctly, the October callbacks had kids from several September calls come together.

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
That's great news Broadwaybound I guess 8 bars was enough! GL to your DD

Posts: 42 | Location: NJ | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Broadwaybound!

Posts: 54 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Tonight is the first public preview of Matilda - thinking warm thoughts for the kids who were part of this process and made it, and for all of those who went through the process with them and had to let it go at the end. It's a pretty special show, and all the kids we met throughout the different auditions and callbacks were pretty special as well! Virtual hugs to all tonight.

Posts: 45 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Has anyone on this thread gone to see the previews yet? I'm curious for those involved in the audition process to hear their thoughts on the show? Also, has anyone who made it to the end the first go around been contacted about coming back in for this next phase of auditions?

Posts: 85 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone:
ECC for Boy singers/dancers on April 21st, it looks like.
ECC for girl dancers on April 28th, I think it said. See link below. Smiler

http://www.playbill.com/jobs/f...ob_detail/51167.html

GLTA!

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone received a callback that does not have an agent/manager? Also my DD auditioned and felt it went well. She was asked to sing her song again again and they asked her to sing it with a particular belt in it. I see on Playbill.com for the CB for dance. Can one go to this even though they did not get an official callback? We are new to this. This was her first broadway audition. Thanks

Posts: 11 | Location: NY | Registered: March 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We heard about a week after the open call that we have a callback. No details were given though.

Posts: 2 | Location: NY | Registered: March 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations girlinblue! My dd knew she didn't do well at her audition, so we weren't expecting to hear anything (although we would have been happy to have been pleasantly surprised!)

Posts: 54 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
My DS made it to final auditions last round. My DS was asked to come back for this next round. @ MaddieStar, I would suggest that you contact Nora Brennan Casting to clarify. They have been really responsive to my emails. Good luck to all the kids!

Posts: 16 | Location: United States | Registered: October 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Has anyone received a callback for the role of Matilda for this next round of casting? Any idea if they will even be looking at girls for replacements forthe role?

Posts: 29 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Skybroadway, Just curious when you got that call. We heard a couple months ago from the casting office that DD would be asked back again in April, but have not yet gotten an official invitation for a specific date.

Posts: 45 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi skybroadway: My child was at final callbacks for Matilda too. We haven't gotten a request for the upcoming round of auditions. Did casting call you or did you or your agent have to re-submit? Thanks!

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Mamajo, We are in the same position as you. My DD was told she has a callback and it will be some point in April. We haven't heard anything yet as to when.

Posts: 85 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caryct, my child has a callback for the role of Matilda so I assume yes. We have not been told specifics yet, (other than in April) but I do know she is coming back for a 2nd audition at some point for that role. Hope that helps.

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: March 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post