Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Has anybody heard anything about callbacks yet?

Posts: 9 | Location: Ct | Registered: April 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, we have not heard. If there are callbacks on the 16th then I am thinking maybe my daughter will not be called as thats coming up. That being said, for her call back last summer two of the parents at the studio said they had notice of the callback the previous day and flew in from across the country at that last minute!

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: April 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My DD made it to the finals in the fall. After her first audition for girl singers, her callback was one week to the date. Her next few callbacks ranged anywhere between days to one to two weeks. She is non equity, and was without representation. So do not be discouraged, it's still too soon to know!!! GLTA!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dd is also without representation and they are fine with that. Did they email you about the callbacks? Congrats on making it to the finals last time. That is such a small cast so a true honor.

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: April 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
@ Belts_It_Out - was your DD being considered for ensemble? If so, were her subsequent callbacks primarily dance? Or were the ensemble kids asked to sing, again, after the that first singing audition? That's awesome that she made it to the finals last time. Good for her!

GLTA!!

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi jessey5 - we have always been contacted via email, and @ singitbaby9, after the Sept. open call for girl singers, who also dance & act, she first received a callback for dance and then subsequent callbacks for dance, and to sing. At least that is how it worked for my DD, who was being considerd for the role of Lavendar. I'm not quite sure how things will go this time around, but GO4IT has it correct in saying, within a week or two, and the staff may give an indication as to a timeline at the actual call. DD is so excited and so impressed with the entire process!!! Best to ALL!

Posts: 2 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter also made it to the finals last fall for Alice. Her first audition was as a singer. I think the next 2-3 after that were all dance. There was one audition before the finals where she did sing a little bit to. At the finals she was only there the first day of the finals so she only danced. Nora's staff has been FANTASTIC. We don't have representation either, and I have had great responses from them when I send an email. I only email when ABSOLUTELY necessary though. =)

Posts: 15 | Location: USA | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the stories!
My daughter went to an equity (she is non equity) call for dance and she had the call back to sing. This time we are doing it the other way around just for timing sake. Fingers crossed for everyone! I really appreciate the generous sharing of info and I hope that we get one of those emails!

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Hi jessey_5 -- my dd has been through several callbacks for Matilda replacements (we are still hoping for 1 more!), & each time we were e-mailed or called 1 week-10 days before the callback, so there's hope!
Her last callback was a little over a week ago, & we are still hoping, but if anyone has additional info on final Matilda cbs, we would love to know even if the callbacks have rolled on w/o us!
Sorry we're all in this boat of waiting agony, but glad I'm not alone! BTW, she also is non-union w/o rep.

Posts: 26 | Location: US | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Luck and thank you!
We have had nothing but wonderful experiences with the casting folks in person.

It must be very exciting to be up for a Matilda role. I assume that they do not email if you do not have a callback. Yikes.

My daughter was not up for Matilda and anyway they had her take off the shoes and got out the measuring tape. Too tall!

posted Hide Post
How tall is "too tall"?

Posts: 15 | Location: USA | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
52 inches is the maximum height for the role of Matilda. 58 inches is the maximum height for the ensemble children.

Posts: 483 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
For those who attended prior dance callbacks, did the girls generally wear dance clothes or audition clothes they could dance in?

Thanks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there, There were a great variety of dance clothes when we went. Good Luck!

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 54 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post