Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

posted Hide Post
@mom398 - group 2 for both 10/1 and 10/7

Posts: 17 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skiphop, I am not sure for other roles, but I know one girl who goes for the role of "Lavender" on 10/7.

Posts: 6 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious about potential "Matilda" kids.... have they had dance calls too?

Posts: 15 | Location: USA | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Monday's Matilda callbacks were the same as the open call...a song and a poem. This time there was a panel of 6 and they video taped each girl. It went very quickly. It began at 1:45 and ran until 6 PM. We were 5th, so I don't know how the rest of the day went, actually. They did measure each girl this time. Of the 15 or so who were there with us, all were 4'4" or under. They said that they will keep the shorter ones in mind for future roles, and potentially use others for other parts/shows? Who knows! They were very nice and very organized. Next callbacks will be on the 12th. Fingers crossed! Haven't heard anything yet.

Posts: 30 | Location: NYC | Registered: June 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
WOW trumpetmom, that is fantastic - amazing to be so close. Fingers crossed for sure. Good luck!!

Posts: 25 | Location: New York | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Congrats! How exciting! Were there 15 called back in all, or just w your time slot? Wonder how all of the video callback people fit in? Either way, kudos to your dd. Super exciting!

Posts: 16 | Location: United States | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Got the 2nd callback email yesterday afternoon! They will see a group of girls, together, in a room for an hour and a half on Friday. The children's musical director and associate director will be added to the mix, among others. We were told that she may be asked to come back on Saturday and Sunday to work with the directors. Wow...to think that last week at this time she hadn't even auditioned. A lot can happen in one week. Does anyone know what happens in "the room" at this point in the audition process? Just wondering what to expect on Friday. Thanks!

Posts: 30 | Location: NYC | Registered: June 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
trumpetmom------ huge congrats to your daughter!!!! And to all the girls in the mix! Cannot wait to see this show and hoping to see lots of familiar faces on the stage!!

Posts: 33 | Location: new york | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
My DD is going on Friday to the group callback also. Will be interesting to see how many girls are in "the group." crazy to think that a second callback from an open audition! Best of luck to all! Someone post after te dance callback happens tomorrow!

Posts: 26 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
That's great! I can't wait to hear what happens on Friday. At this point, do your girls have to learn the songs from the show?

Posts: 93 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
No show songs mentioned...just the same requirements as before. Caryct...are you at 1:30 with us, or at a different time? I'm wondering if they have several groups going in on Friday?

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
She goes at 1:30 also. Would think they'd have a couple more groups that day as well.

Posts: 26 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
How many girls for Matilda do you think are left at this point?

Posts: 93 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I know of at least two in the final group from back in early summer. And I know of two others still in (with my DD) from the september open call. Anyone's guess! Smiler

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Are those 4 girls auditioning in our 1:30 group too?