Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
MAM, no, there are at least 3 groups of girls on May 14.

Posts: 55 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
How big were the groups typically last time around?

Posts: 78 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
DS attending the 9/21 audition. First timer questions -hoping someone can help. 1. What goes on top when stapled together, the resume or the photo? 2. Is the singing accompanied by a pianist? 3. Is there typically some chit chat, or do the kids have any opportunity to speak or at least introduce themselves first prior to singing? Looking forward to it!

Posts: 36 | Location: Nj | Registered: April 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
1. The resume and headshot are stapled back-to-back. The resume will typically be larger than the headshot, so after you staple them together, take a scissors and trim the excess from the resume so it fits neatly against the headshot.

2. Yes, there will be an accompanist. Bring your sheet music in a binder.

3. That varies by audition, so I don't know how this one will be.

Good luck to your DS!

Posts: 467 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 36 | Location: Nj | Registered: April 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering how the auditions went yesterday and how big were the groups. I believe there were two groups...Singers who dance and Dancers who sing? Was it all dancing or both singing and dancing?

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: September 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Everyone who came to sing in the morning was invited to come back to dance in the afternoon. I think there were about 50 or 60 boys brought out in groups of 10 for singing. I think most of the boys stayed to dance. 2 groups of approx 25. Boys who came for the afternoon dance audition were given the opportunity to sing as well afterward. A great first experience for DS.

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
We went. DS had a great time and we met some great people. They actually wanted the kids to do both. Sing than later dance(since you have to do both to be considered for the show(made sense). There were lots of boys there. Only 5-7 equity boys. My son was the 3rd in the singing group and lucky enough to keep that slot for dance group(about 25 non equity kids plus the equity kids in this group)which ran over 2 hours(for the first group). There were a few girls there. At least one that was very far along in the process for Matilda and was there doing lots of other things with them along with dance. They told the boys if they couldn't stay yesterday they were welcome to come to the girls ECC for dance next week. Some of the kiddos must have been there pretty lateSmiler. The casting team was wonderful and DS had an awesome timeSmiler)

Posts: 62 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for responding. Good luck!

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: September 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
4boys....Any idea how old the girl was who was there far along for the role of Matilda?

Posts: 105 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Broadway Bound- I sent you a pm. She is 9 and had made it to final callbacks for Matilda.

Posts: 62 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the boys auditions were a lot of fun! Good luck to everyone!!Has anyone heard anything after the April 7th and 16th callbacks for the role of Matilda referenced earlier on this list?

Posts: 3 | Location: Northeast | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
After 4/16 for the role of Matilda, we have heard crickets. Had a fun callback though!

Posts: 35 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Hi MamaJo - thank you for your response to my post last week. I appreciate it! I am wondering if anyone who was involved in multiple callbacks for the role of Matilda back in October has actually been called to audition again for this round without attending one of the recent Equity calls? I suspect that my daughter was too tall then (she was right at the height limit back in October) and so I am not expecting her to be called for Matilda at this point, but she is interested in the ensemble as well. Has anyone who was under consideration for the role of Matilda been called in later on for ensemble, or does that just not happen without starting over and attending an open or chorus call? Hope I am making sense... Thank you for your input. This board has been so informative for us!

Posts: 30 | Location: New York | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Hi Zen mom. I would just email the casting office and ask them that question. You're in a unique position.

Posts: 55 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post