Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
MamaJo, yeah I think you bring up a good point.

Posts: 24 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Cheeta and MamaJo, congrats! We are not involved in this, but I adore the show so read this thread from time to time. Amazing for your DC's to go so far! Plse keep us posted. And congrats to the others still in the game!

Posts: 15 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stage Da:
quote:

Do you guys think when they say "no social media" they mean THIS, or do you think they just mean they don't want names associated with callbacks via facebook, etc., in case any of that leads to casting speculation before the announcements go public? I think the latter, because this is anonymous.

From Wikipedia (most reliable source of info on the internet, haha.. Wink )
Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks.

This forum probably counts as social media.. i think.. it's not exactly anonymous, google can easily find it.. backstage matilda auditions

Stage Da has the right idea! Any type of communication that is sharing information is considered social media. Anonymous or not, it is important to respect the instructions of casting and the production company. Word travels extremely fast in this industry. I've been on both sides of casting and I've seen the casting director's eyes rolling and heads shaking when they see or hear of discussions taking place where the participants have been asked to please WAIT until they are notified and/or the info has been released.

I have so many examples of stories I could share, but bottom line is, be patient and respect the instructions of every production company!

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 756 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope final callbacks went well for everybody that was there today!

Posts: 14 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what ended up happening with this round of auditions? Did they hire any new Matilda's or children in the ensemble? If so, wouldn't they be starting in August? My DD is already asking when they will have auditions again.

Posts: 82 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me the height range?

Posts: 151 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadway Bound7:
Does anyone know what ended up happening with this round of auditions? Did they hire any new Matilda's or children in the ensemble? If so, wouldn't they be starting in August? My DD is already asking when they will have auditions again.

They hired at least one girl to join the cast. A girl from ZOOM Talent Mgmt started rehearsals last week. I don't know if she is ensemble or a new Matilda. It didn't specify in the post.

-----------
You don't have to win them all, you just need a winning attitude!
www.taylordior.com
www.imdb.me/taylordior

Posts: 65 | Location: East Coast | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I think they are keeping the current Matildas. My daughter was in the running for replacments this Spring, but she's out b/c she'll be too tall by the time they consider replacements again. The current girls are quite short, & I guess it makes financial sense to keep turnover to a minimum.

Posts: 34 | Location: US | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone attend the boys and then girls equity calls the weekend of 10/5 or 10/12? Anyone planning attending this coming weekend?

Posts: 17 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Hi TTTC
There is another thread "Matilda girl auditions " where the dance topic is going on . You will probably get more answers on that thread .

Posts: 155 | Location: New York | Registered: June 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to audition for matilda on broadway as a girl dancer. The requirements say under 12 years and under 4'10". I'm 14 and 5'2" but i really want to audition! I have a young face, however. Do you think they will let me audition anyways?

Posts: 7 | Location: a place | Registered: October 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
Picture of dramamama
posted Hide Post
The height requirements for Broadway and national tours are taken VERY seriously. When they say under 4'10", they mean it. It's a hard truth, but it is the truth. They will most likely let you audition, but your chances of getting cast are, to put it politely, slim.

Posts: 181 | Location: CT | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you dramamama. I just want to audition to get experience of auditioning on broadway. There are barely any auditions lately with my age range so this is pretty much the closest I can get! Smiler

Posts: 7 | Location: a place | Registered: October 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
Picture of dramamama
posted Hide Post
I hear you! My daughter is now 15 and was in a national tour, and there's not much professional theater in her age range either.

Posts: 181 | Location: CT | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to audition for matilda on broadway as a female dancer, and I am 14. However,the description says under 12 and under 4'10". I am 14 and 5'2". Do you think they will let me dance/sing at an audition even though I'm a bit tall? I do however have a young looking face. Thanks!