Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Caryct, my daughter got called abck after the 4/16. It was yesterday & pretty cool. Groups of 4 grils meeting w/ creative team in pairs for 2.5 hrs. 12 girls total I think. Great experience, though it seems like this show has worked to give almost every kid a good audition experience. We heard crickets after Oct callbacks & she was called back again this Spring, so if your daughter is young/short, you may be hearing from them down the road....

Posts: 34 | Location: US | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Sorry for my terrible typing, everyone!

Posts: 34 | Location: US | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Very exciting CheetahBee! I hope you get some good news soon!

Posts: 41 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@ CheetahBee Did you get a sense for how old the girls were at the latest round? Are they targeting 9 and up? Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Location: CA | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thank you, me too! Got an e-mail from Roundabout today, but realized it was just a general marketing e-mail. Boo hoo. It is so hard to wait knowing there are no firm deadlines for anything even if they like her!

Most of the girls in her group were 8 going on 9 or older, w/ one girl who was just 8. My dd did not get past the Friday callback w/ Luke in Oct, but she had only just turned 8 then, & they remembered her w/o agent or prompting or re-auditioning. I have been very impressed w/ the casting (except I wish I knew more of when I may or may not hear something! Anything!! Ha)!

Even if she gets no further, the session last week was a wonderful semi-private workshop w/ the creative team of a show she already adores (saw it in London last year). But, a mom can dream...., right?!

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
CheetahBee, that is so exciting! Just curious if she had to do any dancing so far? Or was it just singing?

Posts: 23 | Location: New York | Registered: August 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
No dancing so far. She was called back for Matilda, not ensemble, though.

posted Hide Post
Hi, are the chorus auditions for round 2 in May? My daughter is too tall for Matilda but going for the chorus. She had a callback in round one so trying again! Fingers crossed. Is anyone going back for chorus? Thanks and congrats to callbacks!

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: April 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Jessey5, yes, there are ensemble callbacks in mid-may. I'm not sure when folks who started over this Spring are hearing - if they've heard yet or if those calls are still to come. They invited a number of kids back from the Fall callbacks for the mid-may callbacks a couple of weeks ago.

Posts: 45 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh thank you so much!
We will have our fingers crossed and hope to hear as it was very exciting to go back to new york for this callback last year!

Does 4.9 cut off mean 4.9 cut off for audition or the show?-- just wondered that.

My kid is 4.7 but she will grow!

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: April 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if any girls from the video submissions have been included in this latest round of callbacks? Or know how that worked last time (ie when they might be pulled into the process?) Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Location: CA | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Have there been any callbacks from the boys' open call last weekend?

Posts: 23 | Location: Nj | Registered: April 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Did anyone go to the dance call yesterday? How quickly do they put out callbacks from these calls?

Posts: 16 | Location: New York | Registered: September 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering the same thing. This was my daughter's first audition. It was a long day, but she had a lot of fun. We don't have an agent, so I was wondering if she is lucky enough to get a callback, will they call or email? How long does it usually take? Thanks.

Posts: 9 | Location: Ct | Registered: April 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
buttercupprincess - With Nora it is usually within a week, maybe two. She usually gives info at her calls so if she said anything about the timeline for callbacks you can count on her to stick to it.
ProudPapa it is more likely that they will send an email. Congrats to you and your dd on your first audition!
Hope you both hear something!

Posts: 11 | Location: NYC | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post