New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Our group is the same.

Posts: 84 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@diem. Yes our group changed from Grp 2 to 3 and I did confirm the time change.

Posts: 3 | Location: PA | Registered: May 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks @DDchauffeur Smiler That is actually the exact change our manager sent over, was just curious. Best of luck!!!

Posts: 6 | Location: new york | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still don't understand what the 'groups' represent. Are they for different characters? Does anybody know which ones?

Posts: 16 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Sawyer, as I said, in the fall the children (and I only really know about girls, but assume it was the same for boys) were divided by height and character. In other words, one group was the shortest group, called back for the role of amanda. The next group was the second shortest group, called back for Lavender. The third group was for Alice, and the tallest group for Hortensia. In the end, they cast Amanda, Lavender, and Alice ALL out of the pool of girls/heights who were called back for Lavender, so it may be that the groups mean something different now. (I think they decided they wanted Matilda to be shorter than all the classmates, instead of having Amanda be shorter than Matilda. Just a speculation, but my guess.) The number of the group is usually just the position in the day, i.e. group 1 is first, group 2 is second, etc. But usually in the fall the order of the day also corresponded to height order, so group 1 was the shortest, etc.

Posts: 55 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
P.S. My guess is that the group numbers for the 20th changed because there are now fewer kids coming on the 20th, because they are having the fall callback kids skip the dance callback now. So that's a big chunk of kids and they were probably able to consolidate groups.

Posts: 55 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anybody heard anything about callbacks from the 4/28 dance call? Is it possible that they won't bring any kids back because they already have so many options in the kids that made it to the final round in the fall?

Posts: 10 | Location: Ct | Registered: April 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dramamama:
And singitbaby, it TOTALLY understand that every once in a while there's that one audition, that one role, you can't seem to let go of. That's totally normal. Been there, done that Smiler

"High five", dramamama! lol there's always that "tough one".

CheetahBee totally said it, I think - we're all just trying to figure out where our kids stand in this particular process...even though we all know it's best to just go with the "flow" in order to not make ourselves crazy, haha Smiler

Speaking of which..ProudPapa - we haven't heard anything from 4/28 call, either. There were over 150 girls there (maybe close to 200). I can't believe, since this forum is very active, that not one person from that call has come on here to say that that they've gotten a callback date. What's up, I wonder!

My dd auditioned last fall at one of the singing ECCs and had a callback for dance. This time, we went to the dance ECC and haven't heard. I would assume (and still should) that we're not going to hear, but since no one has said anything about callbacks, we're still holding out to see, which stinks, lol. hmm.

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter has not heard from the 4/28 dance audition. This was her first try at Broadway (we are out of state) and she did get an offer from Shirley Grant management while in NYC, so these forums have been very helpful to learn more about the audition process and the business. Regardless of what happens, she had a blast, but it would be fun to come for a callback!

Posts: 3 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I told my daughter to forget about it this time. The good thing is she is small and can audition again in 6 months. I bet they will be changing the combination next time around.

Posts: 10 | Location: Ct | Registered: April 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Did we figure out what Group 1 means? My DD's 4'9", anybody else in that group that is not as tall? Wondering if they grouped them by character or maybe mixed & matched them as a group. NBD, just curious.

Posts: 29 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet they will change the combo. When the group before my DD came out, Nora announced she doesnt want the kids to learn the combo beforehand and they would most likely have to change it. She said whoever is teaching it is not affliliated with the show and shouldn't be teaching it in the first place. She did not look very happy. Yikes!

Anyway, we haven't heard anything either since then. Please post if u do Smiler
GLTA!

Posts: 5 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: November 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, she did seem annoyed. I was thinking that maybe they just disregarded the whole audition because so many of the girls took that Matilda "Class." Yikes is right!

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I know one of those studios and they actually sent out an email saying that they had a conversation with casting and that they will no longer be teaching the dance combo anymore but rather the style one would expect to see in a show like Matilda. They said casting would like to see the kids ability to pick up NOT memorize any one combo.

Posts: 29 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call back for the 23rd. Went to the open call for danceSmiler

Posts: 15 | Location: No | Registered: May 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post