New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Denzel Washington
Picture of dramamama
posted Hide Post
Didn't I just answer this question above? Why are you asking it again?

Posts: 181 | Location: CT | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i didnt mean to post that last one again, but if anyone else has any other advice for me about the matilda auditions, i would appreciate it very much!

Posts: 7 | Location: a place | Registered: October 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
Picture of dramamama
posted Hide Post
I don't know what other advice you'll get except go, hope they don't measure you before you dance, have fun, and don't expect anything more than to learn a cool dance combo. My DD's dance teacher used to tell her to look at it as a free dance class.

Posts: 181 | Location: CT | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok thanks! i dont know why it posted twice lol. that is good advice about it being a free dance class! thanks again! Smiler

Posts: 7 | Location: a place | Registered: October 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sydd, those who are casting the show have to work very hard and make sacrifices to fit in everyone who comes. any time that somebody out of height range comes to one of these auditions, it wastes the time of those running the audition, and it takes away from the time that could be spent getting a better look at those who truly could be cast in the show. breaking the guidelines set forth in the audition announcement does not make a person look good, and it frustrates others quite a bit.

quote:
Originally posted by sydd:
ok thanks! i dont know why it posted twice lol. that is good advice about it being a free dance class! thanks again! Smiler

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks ymca landing. Now i dont know if i should go bc you both make good points! hmmm

Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
I don't think you should go, because you're not just a tiny bit above the height limit - you're FOUR whole inches above it! So it will be really, REALLY obvious that you don't fit the breakdown but came anyway. They don't even need to measure you to see it -- you'll be towering over all the little girls there! I don't see the point of going: there's no way you'll get cast, and they may be annoyed that you didn't follow the rules. Even if they're polite and let you audition, won't you feel self-conscious among all these tiny little girls?

My daughter is 13 years old and exactly 4'10", and even WE don't go to those calls anymore, because we know she's too tall to get cast. (They want "under 4'10", and they do measure you at these calls.)

Posts: 480 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TMR, good point. I'm glad I got all your opinons because I don't want to be unprofessional! I will wait until a call that better suits me comes around. Smiler thanks again guys!