Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Wow! Quick callbacks, having auditioned yesterday and hearing today on being called back for Wednesday! We're getting "down to the wire" so to speak, I guess. Exciting!

Looking forward to hearing about how today's dance callbacks went...

Needapatio, I'd be very surprised to hear that someone got a phone call rather than an email, but I guess you never know...

GLTA!

Posts: 25 | Location: New York | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Came home from work to find that they had left a nice long phone message as well as the email to notify us about the Wednesday callback. So nice to get quick feedback. That doesn't happen very often. Fingers crossed! Congrats to all the wonderful girls and parents who auditioned on Sunday! It's a memorable experience no matter the outcome.

Posts: 30 | Location: NYC | Registered: June 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
caryctr and trumpetmom, congrats to your DD's! Would love to hear how callbacks go. Good luck!

Posts: 7 | Location: East coast | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
My DD was there also on Sunday, and we haven't heard anything. I'm just curious what your girls did at the audition. Did they have them do anything extra while in the room? Did they leave thinking they were getting a call back? Also, is Wed call back dancing? What did they say about the call back? At this point, I'm sure we won't be getting called back but am just curious. Thanks!

Posts: 101 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
She sang her song, then they had her sing Happy Birthday and vocal warm-ups and then part of her song several more times. The audition on Wednesday is exactly the same, except it is for both casting directors and the musical director.

Posts: 30 | Location: NYC | Registered: June 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response Trumpetmom. My daughter sang her song twice in two different keys and did her poem. She definitely didn't do any scales. I thought it was a long shot because she is only 7! (Maybe next time around......) Good luck to all of you and I'll be following the thread to find out what happens.

Posts: 101 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any info about the kids who were seen yesterday (October 1st)? I didn't stay in the holding room so I was wondering if anything was announced as far as possible callback dates, etc. Any info is appreciated! Thanks and GLTA!

Posts: 5 | Location: PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Hi Pieces of Me -- They did not announce anything yesterday, but I asked the monitors who said as far as they knew there would be 2 more rounds for the ensemble kids: Oct 7 and another date toward the end of the month. Of course, you never know what might change! =) GLTA!

Posts: 21 | Location: New England | Registered: September 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems final callbacks are being arranged.

Posts: 17 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know 4 girls who went on Oct. 1 callback who got another callback on the 7th. My DD also got a callback on the 7th. Good luck to all!

Posts: 1 | Location: new york | Registered: September 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Was there more singing at the 10/1 callbacks? Or was it all dance.... Just wondering...

Congrats to your dd for getting another callback, sigourney!
GLTA

Posts: 25 | Location: New York | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which time slot on 10/1 were the girls who got cb's in? Was wondering if they were the smaller girls all the taller girls or all sizes. Thanks.

Also, for whoever asked, at the 10/1 dance cb, they had the girls dance and then sing one at a time (alone with the casting people) the songs that were provided with the audition packet.

quote:
Originally posted by sigourney:
I know 4 girls who went on Oct. 1 callback who got another callback on the 7th. My DD also got a callback on the 7th. Good luck to all!

Posts: 1 | Location: new jersey | Registered: October 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
momager99 what group are they in?

My girl is called back for group 2. GLTA!

Posts: 17 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So exciting!
Are all of the callbacks so far for the classmates? Do they already have Matilda, Lavender and Bruce cast?

Posts: 16 | Location: East Coast | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TTTC:
momager99 what group are they in?

My girl is called back for group 2. GLTA!

Congrats! Could you clarify was your daughter in group 2 on 10/1 or was she asked back on the 7th for group 2?

Posts: 1 | Location: NY | Registered: October 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post