Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TTTC:
Has anyone had a third audition yet...?

This is a good question. It doesn't appear so!

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of 4MyBelleofBroadway
posted Hide Post
A friend's DD will be on her 4th this Monday

Posts: 62 | Location: PA/NYC | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Belle of Bway - is that because she first auditioned in the Spring? Or is the on her 4th having started in September?

Posts: 21 | Location: New England | Registered: September 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
My DS will be on his 4th this Monday as well. He auditioned in the spring (last callback was in June) and was told in July that he would be called back in the fall. I hope he remembers the dances since it's been 4 months! His audition on Monday is in the evening and the info we got said "Group 4" so I'm guessing there are 4 groups of kids going on Monday. Anyone know of any other boys going in?

Posts: 5 | Location: PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My DD went to the singers open call in April and called back for dance in May. We didn't hear anything since then, so we went again for dancers open call on 9/8 and called back for this Monday.

Posts: 6 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Shine, is this your first callback since the 9/8 dancers? Or did DD get called back at 9/20 and now again for Monday?

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
She went to Equity Dance call in May and called back to sing. Now called back again from dance cb last week.. Very excited for her! Smiler

Posts: 62 | Location: PA/NYC | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
singitbaby, this is our first after the 9/8. One friend of mine, same. We didn't go to 9/20.

Posts: 6 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter attended singing ECC in April, Called back to dance in June and we are also returning on Monday. She is 4'8" and in group 2

Posts: 15 | Location: USA | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lesson learned - video choreography right after they come out so they can be refreshed for additional callbacks. We didn't do that and my DD doesn't remember the choreography. Feel at a bit of a disadvantage to those who just learned the choreography this month.. but I guess that's my own fault. =( I don't imagine many people are willing to share a video if they took one due to the competative nature of this process, but if I'm wrong and someone has a video they would be willing to share let me know! Smiler

Posts: 15 | Location: USA | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
momofone - I'm sure they will do a quick review when they start, and that she will pick it right back up. If you want to jog her memory, the Bruce choreo started sitting in seats, and they struck about 10 different poses and the person who toaught them the dance named each pose, so she might remember if you give her some of the names - first pose is leaning forward with arms out in front and a flat back. Some of the other poses are "scratch" "switch" "beard" "horrible" and that's all I remember from when my student showed me. The choreo for revolting children was kickboxy.

Posts: 21 | Location: New England | Registered: September 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be too concerned with what DD does or doesn't remember MomofOne. Casting will more than likely take the fact that she hasn't been seen in awhile into consideration and will certainly review the combos. If they see DD needs some extra help they will probably give it to her. They are not testing long term memory but will want to see, amongst several other factors, how fast she can pick it up once she is given it again. I also doubt she will be the only one called back after such a long hiatus so to speak. If you want to review the choreography via videos, the clips of the show itself posted on the website should be a good refresher since the audition dances are pretty much the same. GL!

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
My student is in group 1, and is 4'4". Does this seem to be bearing out that the groups are by height?

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My daughter sang at the singer call in May, danced at the call back in June, and just got called back for Monday. She doesn't remember all of the choreography either so it sounds like there will be a few of them that need refreshers! She is in group two and is 4'7". Break legs! We are excited!

Posts: 58 | Location: US | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Excited for Monday!