New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
@Belts_It_Out - thanks for that info. Smiler

Has anyone heard about callbacks specifically from the open dance ECC from last Sunday, 4/28?

Posts: 21 | Location: New York | Registered: May 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Hi all, We went through the process in the fall up to final callbacks, which was a total of 4-5 auditions. (An ECC, and then 4 callbacks, including final callbacks. One of those wasn't really a callback but a dance workshop day when no cut was made.) We're coming back again on the 14th to the invited callback, which will be our first time back in this round of replacement cast auditions. Can anyone clarify where that invited call is in the 4-5 audition stream of callbacks? (Am I making any sense?) In other words, we're wondering if the kids on the 14th are being dropped in at step 2 or step 3 or step 4, etc. It sounds like some folks have already had quite a few callbacks for replacement cast already, so does that mean that the invited call is kind of like step 3 or 4? Also is the 14th ONLY kids who made it to finals the first time, or are they being added to a narrowed down pool of new kids who have been going through the replacement cast audition process? i.e. any new kids coming on the 14th? Just curious about all this. Smiler GLTA!

Posts: 45 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
The only question I can answer is there ARE new kids coming on the 14th. My dd did not audition last time around and is now going straight from the open call to the callback on the 14th.

Posts: 41 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Ok, so that sounds like the callback on the 14th is like a 1st callback, i.e. step 2 in a 4-5 step process. Anyone else have different info?

Posts: 45 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Driving To Rehersal, did your DD go to the most recent ECC at the end of April?

Posts: 58 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
No, she went in February.

Posts: 41 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My DD also went to her first open call in Feb. and has a callback for the 14th, so we are in the beginning of the process.

Posts: 3 | Location: PA | Registered: May 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Was the call in Feb singing, dance, or both?
ThanksSmiler

Posts: 58 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Singing

Posts: 3 | Location: PA | Registered: May 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
It's hard to tell where they are in the process sometimes. My daughter went to an open in Sep, & was called back mid Oct, but some girls who were at that callback had already been called back 3 times during the summer & some the 1st week of Oct, so her 1st callback was actually down the line in the process. FWIW. Just wish they'd tell us all what they are thinking & put us out of our agony!

Posts: 34 | Location: US | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
It doesn't seem like there is any real rhime or reason for callbacks. There is no set steps to go through. It seems casting can invite you to finals if they want. My DS made it to final auditions in Oct of last year and he only had one prior audition before going to finals. He was asked to come back on May 14th (with no prior auditions other than last Oct). We have no idea was is next after May 14th. Wondering if casting is actually going to replace this cast. All the unknowns of showbizFrowner

Posts: 16 | Location: United States | Registered: October 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
@Sky I think there's some rhyme and reason. My guess is that the girls had to go through more rounds than the boys, as there is usually a much larger pool of skilled girls to whittle down than boys. Anyway, I think Nora and her team are very organized and conscientious, not at all haphazard. Was just wondering if we are getting back in for a long haul again, or if we were close to the finals again. Sounds like the former.

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I don't think Sky was suggesting that Nora & her team are disorganized, she just seems to be commiserating w/ all of us on the angst of unpredictability. My dd went straight from open call to 2nd-to-last callbacks in the Fall, while other people went to 3 other callbacks first. This Spring, at April callbacks (for Matilda, not ensemble), some people's last callback was in fall, some hadn't heard anything since last summer. Certainly Nora's team is organized & professional, & all the callback experiences were great! We just wish we knew the score -- we are all hopeful for our kids & not knowing is hard (otherwise we wouldn't be here trying to find out every scrap of info from each other's experiences)!

Posts: 34 | Location: US | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
Picture of dramamama
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you're going to truly pursue this business, get used to unpredictability and not getting answers. It's par for the course. Best choice is to audition and forget it. Don't engage in what casting director Bonnie Gillespie calls "mind taffy," stuff like worrying about who else is auditioning, wondering what the cd is looking for, and other stuff you can't control. Just make sure your child is where he/she is supposed to be, on time and prepared. It's all you can do.

Posts: 181 | Location: CT | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anybody gotten a callback from the 4/28 dance call? We are starting to give up hope on this one.

Posts: 9 | Location: Ct | Registered: April 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post