Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Maddiestar - we got an email. Best of luck!

Posts: 54 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Question from a newbieSmiler. We are bringing our DS down on the 21st for the Boys ECC. A few questions if you would all be so kind;
-I see they have two call times one for singers and one for dancers. Can you/do you go to both? Or do you choose your child's strength?
-what might be a good choice for a boys song for the audition(what songs did people have success with last time). I know there are tons to chose from... I was thinking maybe Alone from A year With Frog And Toad because its probably not a super obvious choice... But it's also not upbeat but can be belted nicely. But do they want a different more kid like song like Food from Oliver? Other suggestions?
-DS is not union. What time should we get there. Is there likely to be a ton of boys at this call?
-if he just goes to the singing call and they like him do they do more than singing?
Any other advice? We're excited for another fun trip to the citySmiler

Posts: 63 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Taking DS for first non community theatre audition. Boy singers. Looking forward to it knowing the experience will be priceless, regardless of whether he makes a career of it or if the journey ends right there. The questions: We don't have a professional head shot. Is that something we should have, or is a school picture ok? Also, what should he wear to the audition? I am talking footwear too. I am perplexed. Finally, his hair is looking pretty shaggy and he is overdue for a cut IMO. Do I get him a haircut or should I keep it long since the kids in the show seem to have pretty shaggy hair? I am sure casting directors can look beyond these superficial things (and hair does grow), but I just want DS to feel comfortable when we walk in the door! The rest is up to him..... I would love to hear from experienced parents. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 25 | Location: Nj | Registered: April 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello - has anyone who submitted a video audition (from outside of NYC area) received a callback yet? (non union) Is that group on a different timeline or would we already have heard if we were being called back? I ask because we received a pretty positive response from casting regarding my daughter's video submission but haven't heard anything specific regarding a callback. Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Location: CA | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a sense of what the different group assignments mean on 5/14? Last round it was height, but that doesn't seem true this time. What time slots are folks going to?

Posts: 45 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
We are group 2. No idea what that means.

Posts: 54 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@MamaJo Group 3 for 5/14. Were group three or "Alice" in the fall as well. @4boys choose what your DS is best at and go to that call. Arrive early (at least thirty minutes) before sign in. Equity kids will sign in and be seen first so be prepared to wait. Have him sing what he is the most comfortable with. From past experience (with the girls calls in the fall) when singing they would only sing that day and then be called back to dance a separate day. When dancing they would sometimes be asked to stay and sing that day. @Betty4 FOr the singing audition he can wear converse or shoes. For the dance call most kids will be in jazz shoes. Wear something that is comfortable that he can move in but that also shows his style and personality. I would take a candid head shot rather than a school photo. Hair wise go with what looks best!

Posts: 17 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the May 14th callback different than the April 28th Matilda audition? I do know friends of DD that have received a callback with group numbers. They seem to be coming in to different kids on different days.

Posts: 11 | Location: NY | Registered: March 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thanks TTTC!

Posts: 25 | Location: Nj | Registered: April 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Has anyone's DD heard anything after the callback for the role of matilda on 4/16? Thanks!

Posts: 29 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
My DS was asked to come back on May 14. He made it last time to the final auditions. Looking forward to another trip to the NYC. Best of luck to everyone...have fun!

Posts: 16 | Location: United States | Registered: October 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
anybody know how useful this prep is?
http://www.facebook.com/photo....45&type=1&permPage=1

Posts: 12 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Maddiestar, Yes, it's different. The 4/28 audition is a first round audition. The callback is one or more rounds past that.

Posts: 45 | Location: NY | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
TTTC, we're group 3 as well, but were in the Lavender group in the fall, so that's curious. Who knows! I guess we'll see when we get there!

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Is May 14th just boys??

Posts: 55 | Location: New York | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post