Backstage Message Board
Matilda

This topic can be found at:
http://bbs.backstage.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9611031/m/385106424

October 25, 2012, 06:41 AM
momofonebrdwybby
Matilda
Anyone know the height ranges for ensemble kids called back for the 25th?
October 25, 2012, 07:31 PM
MamaJo
TTTC, I heard from someone whose daughter made it past the 23rd that there were 14 girls total for the younger 2 ensemble roles, and 14 girls total for the older 2 ensemble roles today. So they cut just over half the girls from the 23rd.
October 25, 2012, 10:13 PM
singitbaby9
Not surprisingly, this has been quite a lengthy casting process. I'm wondering - if and when it's time to reopen casting for replacements (6 months after opening, is it?) do they start the process from the beginning, or do they try to cast from within the kids who had gotten very far with callbacks first, if they're available? Just wondering. I guess this would be a general question for any show, not just Matilda.

Anyway, congrats to the performers who have made it this far, and GLTA still in the running. And for every child who stepped up to audition at any point in the process, be proud!! It's an honor to have been a part of it all.

Can't wait to see the show!!
October 26, 2012, 04:51 AM
DreamsReallyDoComeTrue
My DS made it to the boys roles finals yesterday and was let go. They were told the cast will be working with 6 month contracts and even though they are not being cast now, they will be at "the top of the list" for recasting.

What a wonderful first time experience this has been for us!
October 26, 2012, 05:19 AM
trumpetmom
We were also told, at one of the callbacks, that they are hoping for a long run and that they will be keeping kids in the system for potential use at a later time. Our little 10 year old friend had a good Matilda callback on Wednesday. Haven't heard back yet! She was not from the open call.
October 26, 2012, 07:28 AM
NYCGAL
That's wonderful Trumpet. Nice to know they will remember you and hopefully you guys who got towards the end will be first on the list when they need a replacement. I need to speak to my neighbor and see if her granddaughter is still in the running - it wasn't for Matilda but one of the supporting roles.
October 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
MamaJo
DreamsReallyDoComeTrue -- How many did they keep and how many did they let go on Thursday?
October 26, 2012, 03:19 PM
shine
When we were leaving the room yesterday, they kept only one kid for each character I believe, which was strange because there were rumours that they are going to double casts.There were some kids who left earlier due to the conflicts( rehearsal for other show), I am not sure they are still be considered.
October 27, 2012, 02:42 PM
shine
I might've wrong about the number who they kept.(Sorry for the confusion).My friend whose dd stayed said there were more than 4 girls.Maybe they are going to double cast , I am not sure.
October 28, 2012, 04:24 PM
MamaJo
Anyone who stayed on Thursday have updates?
October 28, 2012, 08:21 PM
DreamsReallyDoComeTrue
MamaJo - I am sorry, I don't have a number for you. This was our first ever audition so I kinda kept myself focused on my son and did not pay attention to everything else going on around us. After reading through all the posts on here, I will know the things to pay attention to should we be blessed with more auditions in his future! Good Luck to all still in the running!!
October 29, 2012, 06:26 AM
skybroadway
On Thursday there were 24 girls (the Matilda weren't there), 24 boys. At the end of the day they kept 14 kids. We don't know if they are double casting or not but casting said those kids that made it to Thursday were going to be kept on a list for future. We are going to wait patiently since my son was 1 of the 5 Bruces that made it to the final day. Overall, this was an amazing experience and we made some wonderful friends.
October 29, 2012, 01:13 PM
shine
Congrats to all of you who made it to the end. And yes, I always make a lot of wonderful friends at the audition, too.
October 31, 2012, 06:40 PM
MamaJo
Congrats to all who made it. Post when offers are out so we can cheer for your DDs & DSs!
November 01, 2012, 08:27 AM
ymca landing
I don't think you'll be seeing any postings about offers, because they are being extremely strict about the privacy of the offers, and posting it online could cost a child the job. But the support is beautiful, and hopefully will be very helpful once the information becomes public and new challenges arise!