Page 1 2 3 4 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matilda Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know anything about the dance portion of the audition? Is it tough?

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Do you mean for callbacks or the initial audition?

Posts: 19 | Location: NYC | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both--I'm not sure which one my child is going in for. Thanks!

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Ok. For his/her first audition they may have him/her learn a dance. The boys did dance at the equity chorus call, whereas the girls did not because there was such a large turnout. From what I have heard the dance was not difficult but not traditional. A good place to view the kind of dance your child may be asked to learn is on youtube. Type in Revolting Children Matilda and the first one that pops up is the best one to view. It will give you and your child a good sense of what s/he may be asked to do. Hope this helps and good luck to your child!

Posts: 19 | Location: NYC | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My DD auditioned on the 5th for Matilda, she said the dancing wasnt tough just strong movements. Has anyone heard any news on callbacks yet?

Posts: 42 | Location: NJ | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Go4it, thanks for the youtube sites. They gave great insight! Vanada, they are doing some call backs and first calls for the character of Matilda on friday.

Posts: 109 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info born4act, good luck to your child JBJMom!

Posts: 42 | Location: NJ | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks GO4IT, vanada & born4act for sharing--it helped so much! I have a boy & he is so excited about the opportunity. Good luck to all!

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Glad I could help. Anyone hear of any other callbacks besides the one mentioned in born4act's post?

posted Hide Post
My son went to the initial open call in April. Are the callbacks just for Matilda or the boy roles also? The initial call for boys they only sang-no dancing and no lines

Posts: 3 | Location: Ct | Registered: March 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
Picture of dramamama
posted Hide Post
I just want to clarify something: GO4IT, I'm not sure where you're getting your information about the girls' ECC, but they most definately did dance that day. My daughter was in the first group, and they were in there for just shy of two hours. She was sure as heck sore the next day! Maybe you are thinking of the EPA for the roles. I don't believe they danced that day, but both the boys and the girls danced on the chorus call Saturdays.

Posts: 194 | Location: CT | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
There were two girl ECCs - one for girl singers, then a week later for girl dancers. Maybe Go4It's child went to the singing one.

Posts: 473 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was the same for the boys. There was a call for dancers and a call for singers. The call for dancers did dance. But the call for boy singers who can also dance and act only sang. No one at that call danced or read lines.

Posts: 3 | Location: Ct | Registered: March 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
Picture of dramamama
posted Hide Post
Good point, TMR. Because GO4IT suggested boys danced at their call but girls didn't, I assumed she was comparing the boys dance ECC to the girls dance ECC. Ctboy is correct that at the singers ECCs, boys and girls, no one danced. Similarly, at the dancers ECCs, boys and girls, no one sang.

Posts: 194 | Location: CT | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone gotten a call back yet?
My daughter went on the first open call and received a e mail stating they will contact her later for her call back date but that was late April?

Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Location: delaware | Registered: November 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post