Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forever Brenda Login/Join

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
They are looking for more girls they haven't seen yet.

Posts: 590 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mom2enr, I appreciate your post outlining the content to consider given the script. We also passed and my dd is 12. I felt this was more of a 15/16 yo role, and even at that age I would have passed.

Posts: 4 | Location: Orange county ca | Registered: April 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since they seem to be aging down the actor, I sure hope they are aging down the script!

Posts: 8 | Location: United States | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
The most recent call has been for 11 year old girls, preferably chubby, that they havent seen already. The role is a young Ellie Kemper so there has to be some resemblance.

We can hope they will edit the material, but I wouldn't count on it. I have seen similar scripts cast 9/10 year olds. There is also always the change they will adapt to conform with the censors and to keep advertisers. But again, I wouldn't count on it if I was signing a three year contract with another three year option after that! Plus often times they film the scenes first and edit/cut after so you'd still be explaining it to your kid and they'd still have to do the scenes the scenes just wouldn't be shown.

Posts: 590 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mom2enr, thanks for the info. One of the worst parts of this business is the post-audition information black hole. We all know the best thing is to move on once the audition is over but that is difficult.

On the script material, I am not a prude but I sure wish we could go back to the time when you could have prime time television on without worry (or disgust!).

Posts: 8 | Location: United States | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
no one at our agency got a callback....yet.

Posts: 14 | Location: Tri State | Registered: October 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
There have been several rounds of callbacks in LA and they are having a Network test this week for some roles.

posted Hide Post
They just announced that Young Pearl has been cast. It is Daija Owens from Shameless.

http://www.eurweb.com/2013/03/...ilot-brenda-forever/

Sean Penn
Picture of Lochness68
posted Hide Post
FYI - I heard Young Brenda was chosen.

Posts: 94 | Location: New York | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone heard anything lately? Just curious to see what direction they went for Young Brenda.

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
They went with a 13 year old for Brenda.

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I'm glad they found the right person who's the right age.

Posts: 84 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Yup! She's a great match for Ellie Kemper too!

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Looks like Brenda Forever was not picked up.

http://castingabout.com/pages/upfronts2013.html

Posts: 110 | Location: Gulf Coast | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting! Thanks for the update. Wonder what went "wrong"...